Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Organiser on your Desktop!!!

Options
  • 31-05-2004 5:44pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok a friend of mine who works in admin is looking for some software that will
    a sort of personal organiser on her desktop..

Basically, its something that she can put appointments, meetings, tasks, reviews
    etc etc etc.. something that can be used and updated as required so that when
    a week/month/year is up, she can then look back at it and see what shes done,
    forgotten to do etc..

I know that Lotus had a piece of software Lotus Organiser a few years back but
    as far as I can make out, its only part of the Lotus SmartSuite package which is a
    bit over the top for what my mate needs it for..

So anyone any ideas/recommendations etc?

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Microsoft Outlook does all that... or Evolution for Linux..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try Mozilla Calendar, it's only babby like but gets better every time :)

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Duffman
    Microsoft Outlook does all that... or Evolution for Linux..

Outlook is a bit too basic for what she needs..

Something a bit more advanced is required, something thats actually designed for
    this purpose..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Outlook is a bit too basic for what she needs..

Something a bit more advanced is required, something thats actually designed for
    this purpose..

Tox

How is outlook too basic - what does she need that outlook can't do? Lots and lots of companies use outlook for exactly what you're describing without many problems (not because its necessarily fantastic, it just tends to come with their office licence...).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

outlook will do fine for all those things... in fact if you have a PDA or BlackBerry that's even better, you could synchronise everything, even though if you are away, you could possible do much things nowadays... at least you can have your address books, appointments and e-mail on the move with you... outlook express is the simplified program - just an e-mail client...

• Advertisement
Advertisement