Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpBB2 query... yes, it begins

Options
  • 31-05-2004 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

the barrage of stupid questions starts here :)

Right, with help, I have the board installed and put on a few categories as well as a hidden category for a user group I have created.

I have also installed a second theme (I will install others in the future, but 2 is enough for playing with for now). Theme works grand and looks lovely and all and I am fairly happy about editing the colour scheme of it to suit my own purposes.

One niggling thing though:

is there a way in phpBB2 to lock a theme to a category and over-rule the users preferred theme without locking the theme to the whole board? (category has 4 sub forums which should also have the theme). Sort of like the way Cloud and Dev have configured the Lord of the Rings thread HERE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want that level of control you would be better off getting vbulletin.
    It may be possible to configure phpbb2 do that sort of thing, but I can see you suffering a lot of pain to do it

You might want to look at the phpbb2 discussion forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Dont want to shell out for a bulletin board, me-cheapskate :)

but, I did get this link

http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/viewforum.php?f=17

in reply to a question on the PHPBBhack forum. Yaaay :)

thanks for the reply though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

This is always a favourite of mine when I want to tinker with a phpbb setup...

phpbbhacks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm sure it should be simple enough to force a theme for a certain board, like
    if(forum_id=32) { $template->theme = "Board_theme"}

etc.....

Advertisement