Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVMixer or Soundstorm?

Options
  • 31-05-2004 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Done a clean instal of windows last week and d/l new driverss etc for every thing.
    While searching i got the soundstorm driver and all-in-one driver for my mobo of nvidia web site (asus a7n8x-e deluxe, nforce 2 ultra 400), i've been using the all in one which includes nvmixer.
    Does anybody know are there any advantages, pros/cons for either?
    It's been a long time since i used the soundstorm drivers, had a sb live 5.1 in my box, nvmixer does the same from what i remember.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno about advantages but I like the soundstorm software. Specially how it lets me play stereo mp3s through extra channels of my 5.1 speakers. Left stereo channel through both front and rear left speakers, right stereo channel through both front and rear right speakers. Usual bass stuff through the sub. nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Now that's a fast reply, thanks!

I'm going to install soundstorm now and we shall see what stays.

Cheers Jozi

Edit: How do i install it? I had a rar file, extracted the folder in it to a directory but there's no set-up file?:dunno:
    I think i might have got that file from a uber bios site, will try nvidia and asus as soon as i'm done d/l ut cbp files

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Mine was a self-installer from nvidia's site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Found a link on nforcehq.

Not sure if i will notice any difference but i'll keep it anyway.

Jozi

Advertisement