Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Coverage

• 31-05-2004 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know when the exam coverage starts in the newspapers/on the radio? I know 2FM/Radio 1 used to do like an hour long run through of all the subjects coming up to the exams and the Independent usually has exams sections, but when do they start? I think I heard an ad for the 2FM thing, but can't remember any specifics. Any idea when they start(ed)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

they have started. They've been going for about a week now. I havn't been listenin to it so I dont know what time its on at. Try checkin the TV guide for timetable or even the rte website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

Well they did the english/poet run through about a month ago, so ya missed that if thats what ya on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

Was that thing about the poets actually any good? I remember our teacher going on about that but I totally forgot about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

They were alright, yeah. A bit funny and clichéd but there were SOME interesting insights.

My english teacher taped them and played em in class!

Ye ours played them in class too. OK if ya need to brush up on the poets b4 an exam or if ya need a good idea of what they about, but the presenter is frightfully boring! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

2FM have something on tuesdays at 20:00. Also they will have coverage of the next days papers when the exams starts, but forgot one time its on.

Well they did the english/poet run through about a month ago, so ya missed that if thats what ya on about

Please entry 21 century, rte streams online pretty much ALL OF THE RADIO SHOWS.

If anyone wants to listen to those shows. I have the links online.

I hope it helps.

REALONE PLAYER IS NEEDED.

To more techie types: it is possible to download the shows/plays/texts convert them from *.rm format to something like mp3, then use windows media player(if you have the latest one) to burn that to a cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Thanks for that Sarunas, should come in handy.

My bad I should have mentioned the archives :(

Originally posted by Sarunas
    To more techie types: it is possible to download the shows/plays/texts convert them from *.rm format to something like mp3, then use windows media player(if you have the latest one) to burn that to a cd.

Care to elaborate a bit? I tried downloading that StreamBox!VCR thing, but it doesn't seem to be working (wont register at Strambox - keeps timing out).

You need a crack for it.

Download this: http://members.boards.ie/neo/fr_svcr1b31_crack.zip and run the crack.

I still can't get it to download the file though

• Advertisement

Ok no problem.

Tried to do it, ran into the same problem. After playing around see whats wrong.

README.txt says:

"every time you try to download a file it first tries to contact a streambox.com server over the internet to check whether you have permission to download that file."

Extract the two zip files into the same directory, run the patch. And you're done.

Open up the .smil file.
    Copy the link(the one that starts rtsp://). Open up streambox, press shift + insert( or go Edit -> Paste Link), press OK, wait untill its finished. By default the file will be stored in your_streambox/received/name_of_file.rm. Lunch the file and your done,

To convert that to mp3, google for rm to mp3 converter. When you're done, open up the file in windows media player, press "Copy to CD or Device", then copy.

download

Working fine now. Thanks a lot :)

edit: Kavanagh si broekd

No problem.

Are you listening to the "Count down to 906" on 2fm?

broken link fixed (typo)

No problem.

Are you listening to the "Count down to 906" on 2fm?

Missed it. AGAIN. Just caught the last 2-3 mins, course choices/junior cert questions. Not much help to me. I wonder if they repeat it?

They said that they gonna have the show online.

Rte doesnt make their archives easily accessed. I had to reverse engineer the enchanted way .smil files (where the show is online.)

Looking at archives, enchanted way is not there. Is it only me?

I guess they dont want to put up the shows (say bandwith migh cost to much, need for "trained" employee, to busy, or leave everything to be carried out by scripts)

They better put the past shows online, cause I missed last weeks(I need history tips, cause out teacher hasnt really given any).

Say if we all drop them a line 2fm906@rte.ie about the online shows, maybe they will do it quicker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Same, I only got the last 10 mins, and they were doing 3 of my subjects :rolleyes:

Say if we all drop them a line 2fm906@rte.ie about the online shows, maybe they will do it quicker?

Worth a try

HUH what is this count down? is it on everyday doin new subjects or what :S

Originally posted by Whywontitwrok
    HUH what is this count down? is it on everyday doin new subjects or what :S

Its a show on 2fm about the exams (both JC and LC).

See their website.

• Advertisement

got a link to the archived file of yesterdays topics! they did 3 of my 4 choice subjects :(

Originally posted by Whywontitwrok
    got a link to the archived file of yesterdays topics!

Where'd you get it?

In my understanding, he did not get it. he is looking for it. He was very unclear.

"they did 3 of my 4 choice subjects :(" - sugests he did not get it. he is unhappy about it.

they dont still have it on their site. :(

In brief for the subjects i do:

Physics: learn the compulsary experiments,
    Geo: lots of questions whether people are covered. know basic map readings.

Sorry that was terrible I ment to put a ? at the end as well as a ! , my bad :dunno:

Copy the link(the one that starts rtsp://). Open up streambox, press shift + insert( or go Edit -> Paste Link)[/URL]

Where do you get the link? All I can find is the .smil one from your website?

I'm not sure about others but Im using Media Player Classic instead of RP. I couldn't find the rtsp:// link anywhere so I opened the .smil file in notepad and got it from there.

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Where do you get the link? All I can find is the .smil one from your website?

As AndrewWK said, open the *.smil file from my site, copy the rstp line, now go to streambox!vcr, press shift + insert.

Advertisement