Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Style

Options
  • 31-05-2004 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

okay, im quite farmilliar with vbb. I first looked at the board and thought it was very....flat. I mean the style is very boring. From various vbb sites you can get new layouts etc.... new buttons.. new colour schemes... is there a quick reply box installed(didnt notice), a few nifty hacks u know?

Also... maybe to group some of the forums... all the sport into one.. maybe a few subforums in sport... (not to have the index looking messy), same idea for music.... some forums have nearly no threads in them and proved little use in existance....

I know ive only just come on here... but i thought maybe my oinion might benifit ye....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go here and pick one of the 7 different styles http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?s=&action=editoptions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm comfortable with it as it is. Change would only work to disorientate and scare my fragile mind. I'm up for more segregation on boards to be honest, it means I can view all the threads I take any interest in without wading through a whole lot I couldn't care less about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dr. P

okay, seems i missed out on the styles....
    thanks.
    could u install a quick style changer on the main page.... ?
    also a quick reply box is always handy....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

A Quick reply box has been suggested before and is a big no, no because it encourages to many "LOL" type posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

could u install a quick style changer on the main page.... ?

drop down menu... boards.ie >> change styles >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Most of the stuff you have requested is in the dropdown menu which sarves us well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Dr. P

also a quick reply box is always handy....?

My suggestion would be that the next person who wanders in and asks for quick reply boxes gets banned and then fucking tortured and killed.

Did I say tortured and killed? I actually meant brutally murdered by savage hyenas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

bubb*** is that you?

Nobody comes onto a forum like this purely to criticise the functionality.

Definitely some sort of troll.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by amp
    My suggestion would be that the next person who wanders in and asks for quick reply boxes gets banned and then fucking tortured and killed.

Did I say tortured and killed? I actually meant brutally murdered by savage hyenas.
    Why didn't you just edit out the 'tortured and killed' bit and then put in the hyena bit in place of the 'tortured and killed' bit. :confused: You can use the quick edit box in the top left of the page if you need to change what you just wrote.

Just two cent of feedback for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I hate the sports idea .

(sits nervously , hoping his beloved sport wont be changed )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Amp test

Originally posted by Big Ears
    I hate the sports idea .

(sits nervously , hoping his beloved sport wont be changed )
    I actually don't understand what he means by putting "all the sport into one". One big forum to talk about every sport? If so, its certainly not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

speaking of sport, any chance of getting "Sport" added to the "Last 20" dropdown here: www.boards.ie/new ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

as opposed to the whole extra click that is required to post LOL if we don't have a quick reply.....

Believe you me, that one click actually does make a difference.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

maybe actual buttons for aim yahoo messenger icq and add MSN messenger to that as there is none at the moment:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    maybe actual buttons for aim yahoo messenger icq and add MSN messenger to that as there is none at the moment:(
    why not just look in the profile?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

that takes to much effort to move my mouse to the profile button:D

Advertisement