Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

upgrade on my civic - Shes poppin nicely! :D

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The S2000 was the last good looking car they've done. I've no doubt that the current CIVIC is a great drivers car. But the looks do nothing for me. The stock one with 4 doors is just ugleeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ever drive the old Rover 216 GSI from the early 90's. When I was a kid my best mates ould fella had one. They had a 1.6 Honda engine and gearbox and went like the ****... Really were a fun little car....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

You interchange some of the parts from the rover to the hondas of the same era. The CRX/Civic for example. Much chaper to buy a Rover wishbone than a Honda one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

i was the same jayok. I hated the new civic till i drove it and got to have a proper look at it. I think its brilliant - not becasue i have one, just because i can still see the same lines in the car as the mark3/4 civics but with a more modern look. I was happy when i got it, but when it was lowered and i got my wheels on, i thought it was sex on wheels!

Well as a household with two Civic's, a TypeR and a 3 door 1.6, I couldn't claim that I wasn't fond of the new Civic. However it does really need to be modded a little bit to make it little less dopey looking. The CTR is fine (but I needed to add a/c), the 1.6 I added the skirts, a front mesh and some silver internal panels, and alloys (all Honda part) and it now it looks quite nice.

As for Honda and there designs, I think all manufactuers have gone a bit mad, look at the Toyota Corolla, looks the same as the Civic, and as for Mitsu and there Lancer... I have no idea. If you want to see a good looking new Honda, look at the new Accord or indeed the RSX in the states, they need to promote those designers!

With regard to performance of the 1.4 and 1.6 Civic, to be fair Honda specifically set out to refine their cars. The 6th gen Civic were get fun to drive but on a long haul or high torque driving it wasa nightmare. They set out to smoothen that. The only really wild Civic now is the Type R, but even on a long haul the road noise and ride is particulary rough. BUT its great for beating those 318Ci's or Golf GTi's! :)

JayoK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

red ice still waitin on that video:D :confused: :mad: :( :rolleyes: :dunno: when will we see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭GavinKeller

Yo Mayshine

Thats a nice celica! Check out this site for information about Celicas

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/

If your looking for a good body kit check out C-ONE's they make cool body kits for all toyotas

This is my fav 6Gen Celica kit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

am I right in saying it'll cost about €27000 plus insurance to import a 2002 celica 190? How much would a typical 2002 190 be going for here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Ando,

Good luck finding a 190 celica here, they are pretty rare on the used market as far as I can see.

I worked it out at about 24k for a 2002 model not including transport and maybe 2-3 less for a 2001 model.

Dave (call me this weekend if you want to discuss it as I will be home)

Advertisement