Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 2 Date and time

• 01-06-2004 8:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Heat 2 will be on the Saturday. This does mean I will miss the chillies but what the hey. I am fairly flexible about the time. I can start at any time from 1400 onwards. On reflection I would like to start as early as possible. There will be hot cash game action after the heat so if you are interested in that let me know as well. If we start before 1600 I will probably have a break before the cash game.

Let me know what you all think.

MrP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Count me in for HOT! cash game action afterwards

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Good for me

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

the earlier the better for me - although if you want a game where everyone has to put all of their chips in the pot if they want to play a hand until i get ignominoiusly eliminated, by all means schedule things later to clash with the pixies. I probably have to be gone by six at the latest. I apologise if this puts anyone out, although I'm sure you'll all be grateful for the extra chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I can start at anytime on Saturday so early is no problem for me. Cheers for hosting Pudding!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

OK here arethe provissional timings. The BSOP heat will start at 1400, going on past performance this should be finished by 6ish at the latest. There will then be a break for hot food and movie watching action. Cash game will kick in between 2000 & 2100.

By the way I was supposed to be going to the Chillies but Saturday is the day that suits most.

MrP

• Advertisement

Well I could host if you really want to go to Chillis. I'm in city centre so if we start at same time we should be finished by 6 leaving you plenty of time to get to Chillis if you want?

No I'm grand. I think the gig would kill me. My bird is going with 2 friends. Babysitter organised for the kids. It is hot poker action all night long!!

MrP

if it's likely that we'll finish by six then I should be fine, although things might get a bit racey around 5:55. appreciate the accommodation MrP. Will you be PMing directions?

Directions will be forthcoming.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just to be clear, you mean Saturday the 12th right? NOT this saturday coming.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Yes Staurday the 12th.

During the break I will be looking for some hot movie action with the uber surround sound. So if you have any particualar movies or scenes you want to see and hear at a volume that makes cups and glassed bounce across the coffee table feel free to bring them along (I'm sorry but it's been a while since I've had the house to myself and I like my movies loud).

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aliens... the scene where they invade the nest for the first time and the scene when they set up the robotic sentry guns and it turns into a firefest...

Bladerunner... basically all of it but especially the first few minutes with the Vangelis soundtrack and the bursts of flame from the city.

Starwars... the gutter-run down to the Deathstars weak spot.

Return of the Jedi... The speeders through the trees.

The Matrix... the training room scene.

I'm sure I'll think of another dozen when I post this but thats off the top of my head.

DeV.

Heat - the part where they come out of the bank.
    Kill Bill - all of it!!!!
    The Italian Job - new version
    Return of the King

Bring anything you have that you want to hear, I have some movies. I highly recommend the landing in Saving private Ryan and the last battle from same. The pod racing scene from episode 2 is pretty good also.

MrP

Pud is your DVD player multi-region?

Hyzepher

Yes. It also laughs at RCE and macrovision.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Hey! the bit from Love Story where Ally McGraw.......oh ..........never mind.........

:dunno:

The battle scene of Gondor from the RotK is a must alright! You have it on DVD Hyzepher....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Hi MrP,

Can you please PM me address, directions, etc.

Rds,
    Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dropsy

First game of Euro 2004 starts at 5PM on the 12th (Portugal vs. Greece). Mr. P, I think it's only fair that as the first to be eliminated I get the TV remote control until that game is over - otherwise, I will make it my sole mission on the day to get you eliminated with me :D

Dropsy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I piss on your Sci-Fi madness. I'm bringing The Third Man so we can watch the Ferris Wheel scene ten times.

Hopefully boards will still be up when I get home;)

If so I will send directions then

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Does the 45 go back into town along the Clonkeen Road MrP, or does it take some other mad route in? Need to go into town for the football after the heat, so I won't be around for any cash game.

The 45 goes back into town via the cloonkeen & rock road.

Can you all please confirm if:
    1. You are coming
    2. You are staying for some hot cash game action

MrP

1. Yup
    2. Yup

If anyone wants to share a taxi out from city centre to Cabinteely on Saturday could they pm me please!!

1.Yup
    2.Yup

Ken: Yup, I'm in for some hot Taxi Action!!

DeV.

1. call
    2. raise

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dropsy

I'll be there for the tourney but probably not for the cash game after Mr. P.

Dropsy

1: Yup
    2: Nope

I'm up for the taxi out too ken, just let me know when ye'll be getting it. Also if anyone's getting a taxi back into town directly after the game I'll share it with you. Amazing how much these free chilis tickets are costing me

• Advertisement

Umm say 1.30pm on Saturday from my place on Mount St - then to pick up DeVore at his place just off Baggot St - then on to Cabinteely.

Advertisement