Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 2 Date and time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Directions sent by PM. Includes new taxi friendly info!

MrP

Direction update!! There is now an actual sign at the end of my street, rather than just the frame.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

you've got a sign Mr. P? You're taking this rather seriously:)

Alex

Ahh. I didn't put the sign up. Good idea though:D

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

You are coming? : Yes

You are staying for some hot cash game action? : Probably not

Ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Bad News: I can't make the heat on Saturday (I can here the groan of "bloody newbies" as I write this). Transpires that I have to take my kid brother to this gig on saturday and I can't get out of it.

I'm truly sorry as I realise this puts other people (not to mention the competition's prizepool) out. Acknowledging this, if no one can be found to take my place, I offer to pay the twenty-five euro anyway. Hopefully some of the people that couldn't make the first heat could take my place. Alternatively, I may be free next saturday (I'll know tonight), and if anyone wants to swap heats that'd be great.

I recognise the favour granted me by allowing me to play in the first place, and please accept my apologies for fuqing everyone around. I still really want to play in the BSOP, although I'll understand if preference for the place goes to someone else.

Again, my sincerest apologies, and perhaps I'll see some of you in the fitz tonight.

P.S. Ken, as you may have guessed, I won't be getting that taxi.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Though I'm just another player in the BSOP imho, sh*t happens ; dont sweat it.
    At least we know in advance.

Hey... if we dont get a replacement that means I have *already* done better then the last heat! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'll swap to this heat if you like, I'm free tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Davey

Its on Saturday

Hyzepher

Thanks for the offer Davey, but I've just found out that I'm in work next saturday till half five. ah well, it seems the world is conspiring against my desire to play poker. shlt.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sorry that's what I supposed to day, free Saturday if you want to fit me in.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Marq, the heat starts at 1pm... what time does the concert start at?

DeV.

gig opens its doors at 14:00, first band on stage at 14:30
    I had intended to play and just go along to the pixies who are on at half six, but now that I'm taking my 13 year old brother I won't be able to just saunter in alone and start jumping around. Unfortunately the only option is to miss the heat, much to my chagrin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by DeVore
    Marq, the heat starts at 1pm... what time does the concert start at?

DeV.

IT's 2p.m. isn't it? Although 1 p.m. suits me fine too, the earlier the better as far as tomorrow goes for me.

I know this is ridiculously short notice, but Davey Devil, if you can still swap heats for tomorrow I'll be free to play next saturday. Much appreciate it if you could. Cheers.

Marq

If everyone agrees that's fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Yeah cos thats all we need - Davey Devil transferred into the Heat of Death :)

Nah but seriously thats fine by me

Wahey, Joy, thanks guys. Do the powers that be approve?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I do! See you tomorrow Davey

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dropsy

Ridiculously late and all as it is, I've just been on to Mr. P and I can't make the heat today - if anyone gets this message and is interested in taking my place, feel free to head along.

Sorry again for the late notice Chris.

Also, P has just realised that the Mobile Phone number he gave out in his PM with directions to heat 2 participants is wrong - I've sent a new PM to the Heat 2 players with the correct number.

Dropsy

• Advertisement

What time is the heat on at and where does Mr.P live??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dropsy

Just sent you a PM with details Davey

Cheers.

Well, who won?
    Having just scratched my seven year itch to see the pixies live, I now need to get my fix of poker-gossip .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Davey Devil, Two Sheds and Hyzepher qualified. I went out on the bubble. But I'm not bitter.

cunts

Advertisement