Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Ngage QD and 7610

Options
  • 01-06-2004 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Had the plessure of playing with the new Ngage QD and 7610 today. Two very different but very nice devices..

The 7610 was far more impressive than I was expecting and the overall look worked quite well..

Will see if I can post up some more info later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

was thinking about getting the qd when it gets released but i fear its still an ogre. How big does it look and will it fit snugly in your pockets. btw... any ideas when it will be readily available from any of the 3 networks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its certainly smaller than the previous model on first impressions and I imagine it would fit in the pocket better.

I will have a look again later if I can and get back to ya.

cheers. Its got a load of features and stuff but at the end of the day if it can't be carried around comfortably i don't think it's worth getting. It'd be interesting to see cause u can never tell the size of something from it's pictures.

Originally posted by qBot
    cheers. Its got a load of features and stuff but at the end of the day if it can't be carried around comfortably i don't think it's worth getting. It'd be interesting to see cause u can never tell the size of something from it's pictures.

Hows it going.. Finally got around to have a wee play with it this morning..

Size wise its acceptable, certainly slightly smaller than the Gameboy Advance. I would compare it with a closed 7650 with rounded edges, thinner and lighter. Mind you, I don't like the colour schemes of the themes. They have also added a tick button to select options insteand of pressing down the cursor.

Not bad overall really, certainly an inprovement.

This image, while tiny (was rushing and used someone elses 7650 to take the pic not knowing they had it configured it this way), shows the size of the 7610 next to the 7210.

• Advertisement

The Ngage is pretty much the exact same. Will try to get some pics later.

nice pic.. ya if it's around that size it won't be too big at all.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    The 7610 was far more impressive than I was expecting and the overall look worked quite well...

what did you think of the keypad (re: previous post) - i wasn't too impressed with the 'funky' layout over a more 'ordinary' (usable) one even if it was a 7000 series model

BrianG

Originally posted by DubWireless
    what did you think of the keypad (re: previous post) - i wasn't too impressed with the 'funky' layout over a more 'ordinary' (usable) one even if it was a 7000 series model

BrianG

The first 5 mins was a bit hairy but after that it was not so bad... A hardcore day of text messaging will get you used to it I reckon.

The directional pad is very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Any idea if O2 will be carrying the 7610?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    A hardcore day of text messaging will get you used to it I reckon.
    would have preferred one my poor thumb joints didn't have to get used to though - they aren't as nimble as they once were ;)

glad to see the latest Series 60 keypads are a bit more conventional in layout - not swung on the design of the 6630 (especially those love handles) but that 6260 clamshell has caught my eye, although infosync kept mentioning it's large form factor in their write up...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I wasn't impressed by the keypad - ouch! :) My hand cramped after texting for a while. You get used to the layout pretty fast. Strangely enough, while on calls and just generally useing the phone, I found the design quite uncomfortable, not naturally sitting in my hand.

The 6630 really looks the business though. The write up on infosyncworld.com lead me to think this is going to be an excellent model.

I have spent a little bit of time gathering some pictures and will post them this evening.

In the mean time, here is a decent sized image with the 7610 and 7210 side by side.

I acually bought a 7610 over the weekend. I am still customising it to the way I want and once I am finished, I will post up what I think along with some pictures and video clips.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

were did you get the 7610 mate and how much

Originally posted by TCP/IP
    were did you get the 7610 mate and how much

Bought it on the For Sale board :) Very nice phone it is too, particularly impressed with the function that allows you to use MP3s are ringtones.

Advertisement