Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biographies

Options
  • 01-06-2004 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

I've just finished Lucky Man by Michael J Fox (which was excellent btw) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other biographies (auto or otherwise!).

The only other ones I've read are In the Arena (by Charlton Heston), Frank Skinner (by , err, Frank Skinner), and Have a nice Day (by Mick Foley - which was surpisingly entertaining!).Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

CHOPPER!!! the best book ever! well....maybe not ever but its pretty darn cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

True Myths - Arnold Schwarzenegger

The only biography i've read, since i don't want to waste my life reading about someone elses :ninja: :D

If Chins Could Kill:Confessions of a B movie Actor -- Bruce Campbell

One of the funniest books I have ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

The Girl in the Red Coat by Roma Ligocka.

Do you remember the film Schindler's list and where there was the little girl in the red coat set against the black and white background, well this is her story and its a really good read, it tells her story starting at the halocaust and right through to the present day.

i don't read to many auto biographies of the rich and famous, but do like history type biographies like 'wild swans, three chimneys, etc. I prefer chinese or german biographies for some reason. :confused:

gogo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

'Love All The People' bio of Bill Hicks, poems, routines and transcripts of the late american hero of comedy. couldn't stop laughing reading it, it also features letters Hicks wrote to John Lahar of the Newyorker, Letterman and Lenno. regarding the censorship of his routine on the David Letterman Show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

A Beautiful Mind

dont let the film put you off, the book is a masterpiece

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My own favourite biographies are:
    My America Journey - Colin Powell (autob.)
    Cardinal Richelieu - Anthony Levi
    Frank Skinner - Frank Skinner (his description of going to a Mass in Tokyo had me in stitiches & not a little moved)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Orwell - Jeffrey Meyers
    King of the World (on Muhammed Ali)
    Papillion - Henri Cherrie (escapes from devil's island)

Advertisement