Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velvet revolver

Options
  • 01-06-2004 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

they're single out a the mo is prety good, you'd still think you were listening to stone temple pilots, but i'd have to hear the whole album.

anyone heard it yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭9lives

Only heard a clip on the net...sounded ok .
    Hoping Slash has recovered from the shambles that was Slash's Snakepit...

- 9L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

"slither" ye, its realy growing on me. the video is on their website, Scott Weiland needs to be fed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

He needs to get off crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

that too :D

Originally posted by Doctor J
    He needs to get off crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

There was absolutely nothing to hate about Snakepit, so shut up!

But Velvet Revolver is sounding a hell of a lot better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yep just got the album there, sounds good. Superhuman, Slither, Loving the Alien, and Fall to Pieces, all great songs.

The album is just Rock, nothing added, nothing taken away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

is the album out now??? why wasn't i informed about this!!??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's out monday, but might be out friday here in Ireland.

I got it by "other" means.

I'm gonna be first in line to buy it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i recommend cdwow.ie,, 14 yo yo's and free delivery,, i just bought mine:) oh the joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Seem better than Audioslave anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beast

I saw them Play In New York... Brilliant. The album is excellent too.

They really do show what could have hpaaened to G&R is Axl wasn't such a prick.

It's worth the purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere would have been what GN'R would have been. Slash said that after the UYI tours that he and the other guys except Axl were down money from the tour, which was intended to set them up for life. Slash said that then he just wanted to go into a studio and put out anything inorder to get money.

Axl was asked to sing the songs, but he knew it was sh*te material and wouldn't have anything to do with it.

So Axl didn't want to do meat and potato rock anymore - i'm glad of it. Oh how i'd love UYI:3 but lookit there's no chance of it. I'll listen to VR alright but i'm waiting for whatever Axl's got, and so far i like what he's done music-wise.

So far from what i've heard Ain't Life Grand is far better than Slither & Set Me Free.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Album rocks man. It's no Appetite For Destruction but it's one of the best albums to hit the shelves in a few years. Damn I'm excited. Real rock is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Ive been listening to two of their songs for a while now, Slither & Mind, and Im well impressed so far. This guys are going to go far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

yep their album does indeed rock.. \m/ 0 o \m/

alot better than guns 'n roses..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Loads of people are giving Velvet Revolver loads of praise over Axl's version of G N' R, when they're both ****e.
    Velvet Revolver might be 'meat n two veg', probably the meat and two veg of prisoners of war. Its unbelievably boring material. You know where the song's going to go on first listen and it's too over-produced for a band that would sound much better raw. Drums on the album sound too pristine and like arena rock, and the lyrics are ****e. Album of the year my arse!
    Velvet revolvers music went out with patches of bands on denim jackets.

Anyway im off on my skateboard with a skull and american flag on the bottom to listen to some RAWK

Advertisement