Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6600 Message Alert Problem

Options
  • 01-06-2004 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Just wondering if anyone has any similar problems with their Nokia 6600, I'm still on the November software release, so maybe upgrading might solve the problem, although it only starting happening recently.

The problem is that I can't get my phone to vibrate or ring when I receive a new message ... not matter what message tone, volume or profile I use or modify. All it does is display the envelope (middle right, beside bluetooth dot), and doesn't even display "you have 1 new message". Also When the Clock screensaver comes on and I get a new message in no longer shows the envelope under the clock.

As this only started happening could it be a software bug ... would the latest software version resolve this .... any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

That sounds like one of the bugs in the older firmware (3.42.1).

The only issue I had, which was similar to yours, was when I selected the Silent profile, an incoming text message would not make the phone vibrate (the tone worked though) - but a firmware update fixed that (I'm at version 4.09.1 now).

You can either get your firmware upgraded (if you bought your phone outside Europe it will cost you) or try hard resetting / formatting your phone although there is no guarantee that will fix it.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Citizen7

Originally posted by theothernt
    Hi,

That sounds like one of the bugs in the older firmware (3.42.1).

The only issue I had, which was similar to yours, was when I selected the Silent profile, an incoming text message would not make the phone vibrate (the tone worked though) - but a firmware update fixed that (I'm at version 4.09.1 now).

You can either get your firmware upgraded (if you bought your phone outside Europe it will cost you) or try hard resetting / formatting your phone although there is no guarantee that will fix it.

- Neil

Cheers theothernt, looks like upgrading is my only option

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Before you do anything — have you delivery reports activated?

If so, clear the reports log, and restart the phone.

Originally posted by Buckfast
    Before you do anything — have you delivery reports activated?

If so, clear the reports log, and restart the phone.

Nope I didn't.

but I did manage to fix problem - I removed the last Java game I installed and it seems to have solved problem, them phone now beeps and vibrates when I new message comes in, but the display of "1 new message" is sporadic.

Actually I also transferred messaging from MMC to phone memory and delete my bluetooth headset connection. but I've put them back the way they were. after that it all started working again ... so something to do with the delete of the game, changing message location (and back) and re-pairing my bluetooth headset !

broke again !

• Advertisement
Advertisement