Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do something about Pat spillane

• 01-06-2004 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Just to commment on Roosters last messege, I dont really mind the fact that so many of the the lads coomenting on the TV are not from Dublin, despite the fact that dublin have a large fan base, its kind of part of the GAA scene, the them and us harmless stuff, its up to RTE i ghuess to review this. Most of those guys really know their stuff anyway, however some are a bit light wieght and I dont think that they should comment on games their own countiers were involved in, maybe if each side was represented, I mean Brolly on the last Dublin Derry match was a joke his face was pink with emotion as he basically represented Derry in the box at half time and this is only a natural reaction not his fault, just not really suitable for half time analysis. I also though that the way RTE practically ganged up against Armagh when they played sligo two years ago was terrible, what had they done to deserve such negative comments, at that stage they had never won much anyway and it was not as if they were use to sucess ahead of Sligo, they just were not liked

However I do not approve of Pat Spillane being everywhere, he can be very negative and hates dublin and Northern football, throw Meath in there too. I know that he tries to get up peoples noses so he can sell more papers etc but its beyond a joke at the moment looking at him and his pointing finger in the sunday world reminding all of us that he is prob the best footballer ever and that hes has 8 all Irelands and that he is a school teacher why he reminds us hes a schoolteacher so much I dont know, its prob still the equivallent to a doctor or a priest where ever hes from.
    He also features on the George Hook show and Off the ball on newstalk 106, Why?? Is it not a Dublin news station??? If hes in the papers and on RTE1 and RTE2 and on radio 1 why does he have to be on Dublins best local radio/sports show? Is Barney Rock on Radio Kerry ?? I dont think so. So lads regardless of agreeing with me or not on all of my many Issues relating to the the GAA, do you really want Pat Spillane as the face of the GAA, or should we have many faces representing the local Hero idea, like the club energiser drink (which i think is a great idea) . Any fans who agree with me on the newstalk 106 issue a quick e mial to therighthook@newstalk106.ie may get him off that station. And if you like to listen to the man, dont worry hes on national radio/TV/papers anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gaelic cowboy

Spillane is correct on armagh football they win they don't play nice that is what he has been banging on about. The ganging up on Armagh please little old northern gripes about southern indifference become discrimation this has been going on for years. Armagh should have beaten Sligo the first day in croke park they didnt I remember standing on the hill surronded by completely silent Armagh fans stunned into silence. That is the real reason why Armagh were ganged up as you put it let's remember Armagh were bridesmaids up to that point and never aquited themselves very well at all sure they had done well but not enough. Your newstalk 106 point make no sense so what if they want him they can have him someone must be listening so big deal. I say leave him where he is who wants bland Sky Sports coverage for GAA not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Sorry cowboy but I gotta agree with Stoner on this. Spillane really bugs me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thanks waylander,

Anyway I never asked for a Sky sports presenter??, I just asked that newstalk have someone different to say The Sunday World and RTE, a bit of choice, also as a local radio station they should cater for the local listener like most local stations, eg Radio Kerry, Clare FM etc.
    I guess Spillane was right about the Dubs on Sunday, however his recent note in the Sunday world seem to hint that he wants to make it up with the northies and once again he mentioned the Dublin "Fans" as if we are not fans at all.
    Best of luck to you though cowboy if you want to hear the same stuff over and over again thats your deal, however that sounds alot more like sky news then what I've called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Spillane REALLY bugs the sh!te outta me aswell.

God - the man is a whining idiot. His stupid annoying head and attempt at wit is enough to drive a man to the drink. Fair enough, he knows his stuff as far as football is concerned (but is one biased mofo).

What is he doing presenting the Sunday Game?

He dosent know a fecking thing about hurling, and always leaves it till last - even when the hurling fixtures are the big games of the day. He even showed alot less of that blinder of a wexford kilkenny match than he did of any of the football matches - some of which were pretty dreary (Cork Kerry)

I know he gets in new panelists for this bit of the show, but they should get in a new presenter for the hurling part of the show. Bring on Ger Loughlane or Babs Keating or one of those boys.

He refuses to learn about hurling even though he's presenting the fcuking thing, and as far as I'm concerned he dosent know his own arse from a hole in the ground.

W@NKER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I always liked the way Michael Lyster presented the show myself. And he had a reasonable good knowledge of both sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 johnwillnot

Spillane for the knackers yard.

I totally agree with this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

I don't think PS should not host the show but he was alway contraversial (sp ??) on the panel. And thats what get ratings. His points about Northern football are correct. Galway Kerry Sligo to name a few play more attractive football. Will this bring them SAM this year will remain to be see

Advertisement