Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Bruning from Windows Media Player

Options
  • 01-06-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

Hopefully a very simple question:

Is there a way to remove the 2-second gap Windows Media Player 9.0 adds between tracks when burning to a CD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

As far as I know, there isn't a way to remove that.
    Media player offers basic burning capability.

I believe that you'll need a 'full featured' burning suite, such as Nero 6, or something to achieve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As far as I know Colm's right.

You'll probably be wanting to burn in DAO mode rather than TAO mode (disk at once and track at once) and I don't think the adaptec plugin for WMP offers this.

All the "full featured" (to use Colm's term) packages should offer this (though you'll have to set the option as it's still a 2s gap by default) - certainly Nero and Easy CD do, I'm sure the current flavours of the month like Alcohol do likewise. The WMP plugin is fine for what it does (though I've only used it once) but if you're looking for something that gives you a bit more control you'll need something else. For what it's worth, I like Nero.

I've a feeling I may have made some kind of error above (though the conclusion probably remains intact) so please correct me

Advertisement