Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trips to Oz

• 01-06-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find an interesting holiday to Australia - maybe with a stop off in the far east. Ebookers seem to have some good ideas - can anyone think of any other good sites.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

trailfinders

thorntree.lonelyplanet.com

do you want some suggestions here? If so tell us how long are you going for, what do you like doing, what's your budget etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

The best one I saw on ebookers was €1445 for 3 nights in Hong Kong and five nights in Sydney, including flights and accomodation. I wouldn't mind spending more time in Oz, maybe see more than one city. The Asia thing is nice but not essential.

As for cost - under two grand is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

If I had 3 weeks I would (maybe) spend 1/2 days Bangkok - none of the other usual stopovers are worth spending time in from what I've heard (Malaysia,Hong Kong, Seoul).
    Then see melbourne/great ocean road, canberra, few days in sydney, fly to cairns and do a bit of diving on the barrier reef. Accomodation is easy enough to sort out yourself - flights are the part where you need a good travel agent and I think trailfinders and club travel are the best in Dublin.
    Sydney is OK but there is not enough in the city itself to occupy you for more than a few days, in my opinion - Its big and busy, like London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok. IMHO Hong Kong is far and above the best of them all, well worth a 2 or 3 day stop off and despite what a lot of people say it is very cheap. If you do go, check out the markets in Sham Shui Po and Mongkok, taking a tram to Victoria Peak is better at night. Take the airport express from Chep Lap Kok to Hong Kong or Kowloon, it only costs about 10 Euros. I flew out on Cathay Pacific and found it very cramped, came back on BA which was much better.

In Oz, I like Melbourne, particularly St.Kilda, Darling Harbour in Sydney is nice but my favourite is Queensland. Cairns is party central, try and get to the whitsundays.

Advertisement