Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accomodation

• 14-05-2004 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

If you need a place to crash I'm sure someone could offer you a couch for the 2 nights.

I'm also going to look into some sort of a deal with a certain hostel in Galway.

Do you need booked accomodation for the 2 nights? 4 votes

Yes - I want a room
    0% 0 votes
    No - I have already made arrangements
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭KinSlayer

I'm also going to look into some sort of a deal with a certain hostel in Galway.

Is that the certain hostel that a few of us stayed in last year? if theres enough we could hire out a full dorm and drink into the night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by KinSlayer
    Is that the certain hostel that a few of us stayed in last year? if theres enough we could hire out a full dorm and drink into the night :)

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same place :)

PM me what you think it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

the place hes thinking is a huge school r somthn . a few of us stayed there last year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Originally posted by KinSlayer

I deny any and all involvement in that fiasco of a hostle, that is St.Marys School.

I deny any and all involvement in that fiasco of a hostle, that is St.Marys School.

well it was cheap and did the job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

I'll be there If I can get a couch/ cheap room to stay in . If anyone can offer a couch It would be much appreciated

St. Mary's School?

Ye were staying in the borders lodgings?

Sweet jeebus. I went to school there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

I must be told more about this 'fiasco' in St. Mary's, now dormant, Dormetories.
    Wont be able to happen again tbh. beds are gone (*gone*)

Really Looking forward to this lan. should have a bit more money for this one then at the last.

GO TEAM BOB WAFFLES!

I'm trying to organise a source of discounted/sponsored accomodation in Galway (hostel, nice place).

I need to know numbers.

It'll more than likely be in 10-man dorms.
    How many beds are needed??

Price etc. is still to be sorted (I'm going through a 3rd party), but should be €10 per night or there abouts.

It's a very nice hostel, new building, bit of a boards.ie connection, close to the LAN venue and the City centre/pubs/clubs.

Myself and Rogue are interested for definite.
    Let me know if you need a deposit or anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tyax

I am unsure about the dundalk/drogheda croud at the moment as I think sniipe has kindly offered his place however if anymore of us are coming down then I recon we will have to take you up on that offer. I'll let you know if there are any changes to our plans.

I'd need to have about 8-10 people lined up for it by about Monday :)
    I've very little net access during the weekend, so I won't be able to keep an eye on this, but hopefully we'll get enough rplies.
    Just sent a link to the thread out in an email to everyone on the sign-up list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by Number6

all your bed are belong to me ;P

hehe, it was a fun night, I like beer :)
    pitty we didn't smuggle any into the hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'll need a place to stay if theres one going, I'll even sleep on the floor of someones house if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by BoB_BoT
    all your bed are belong to me ;P

hehe, it was a fun night, I like beer :)
    pitty we didn't smuggle any into the hostel.
    Mabye we'll smuggle some beer into the next hostel. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

smuggle it in your sock, always the best but no so good if you wear small socks and the beer falls out and rolls along the ground. then they will be suspicous that you may have beer :D

The plae where I was enquiring has said no, they're not interested.
    So that's fair enough.

If you want accomodation you'd really want to get your skates on.

Regardless, bring a sleeping bag with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Or that you've pissed yourself, depends on what type of drink you bring i guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

actually, several people have asked me what's going on for accomodation, they just couldn't be arsed asking anyone else or posting here, wasn't there a guide of hostels for galway up somewhere at sometime? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

this amazing thing known as the internet has returned the below results, or getting out the golden pages and looking up for hostels in the galway area might be as handy. They better get booking soon as that weekend is always busy and that time of year as well. Try sleepzone they do dorm rooms afair.

http://www.sleepzone.ie/
    http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/acc/hostel/cc/

Book soon or sleep in eyre square and in summer that is not pleasant! Although explaining to random winos what a railgun is could be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

that and eyre square being gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Yes, they ruins it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

They stole eyre square?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

think ill just go for a bnb or somthing simular . even tho syx's old house floor was more cumfy then the chairs etc...

anyways ..

Accomodation-related posts from "GL10 Signup" merged with this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You just love playing with your mod tools dont you.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeap will be looking for accomodation myself.
    The place you looked into Syxpak, was that the school/dorm place?

No it was sleepzone.
    The owner/manager wasn't interested in the advertisement and it's his busy season.
    I'd still reccomend them as a place to kip. Comfy enough, ~€20 per night.
    There are a good few other hostels around Galway.
    I'll look up some numbers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement