Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its oh so very close

Options
  • 01-06-2004 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

and its oh so very close, and its oh so the last time i can go back........

so has anyone got any good ideas/ plans as to what they will do/would do/have done in their last ctyi summer?

calling all never mores i know some of u have arms lenghts lists of plans and others want to add anymore

me i have my usual plans and then some others be sure to be in the cafeteria on the 16th of july............

........or wait have i got the wrong day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

make sure you go through all the doors you can find on campus. if there is one you have not been through, dub it the door of promise/ the door of the future. then go through it, rejoice and continue on your merry way. it's surprisingly fulfilling.
    make sure to be a bitter oldie, muttering about the young generation and their strange, foreign, more increasingly 'normal' ways.
    yeah. and stuff. that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I plan on rallying a horde of shirt ninjas to storm the canteen. Should be amusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

hmm... I think I may have promised u I'd help u storm the canteen right? Ok sure why not? what else... waterfight!!! who else wants a waterfight??? I haven't had one in years!!! and eating competitions! And yes, hilary I will join u in the canteen on july 16th for the thing we have to do... I'm going to be even more abnormal than last year (if possible), stay in other ppls rooms some nights because I never did that!!!
    Ooh some of my non ctyi friends might be coming to visit. Is this against the rules? And if so, does anyone care if I break them? I need to organise them a big reception coz I piss them off so much all year by my non stop praise of ctyi so i figure I owe it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by ll=llannah
    make sure you go through all the doors you can find on campus. if there is one you have not been through, dub it the door of promise/ the door of the future. then go through it, rejoice and continue on your merry way. it's surprisingly fulfilling.
    make sure to be a bitter oldie, muttering about the young generation and their strange, foreign, more increasingly 'normal' ways.
    yeah. and stuff. that is all.

Jesus Christ, the intellectually elite of Ireland. How are you even able to feed yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

that door thing sounds nice.
    i want to stay in another persons room some night (s), cos i had the fear o' god in me last year. and slumber parties are fun. we can stay up all night, and do each others hair!! yay!!...
    waterfight!! BUH RILLIANT idea, aint had one in centuries. literally.
    have more fun. (this is kinda an experiment, i just want to see if its possible to have more fun than i did last year)
    umm....sing songs in the quad. if anyone can play any stuff on the guitar, or maybe a guitar aint needed, we can all sit round singing jeff buckley...
    "so we'll march day and night, by the big cooling tower, they have plans, but we have the power.." more singing of that is needed.
    umm...a good film at the start of the thingy.
    NOT something like eye-spy. ugh...
    woah, im kinda going off topic into some sort of "what i want this year is..." list thingy, so im gonna stop talking.

but, yeah, gimme that stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by Boston
    Jesus Christ, the intellectually elite of Ireland. How are you even able to feed yourself...

er...Joe...your fly is open....and it seems you're not even wearing pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by doonothing

"so we'll march day and night, by the big cooling tower, they have plans, but we have the power.."

haha. i always thought it was 'they have our pants but we have the power.'

i like my version better

Originally posted by Boston

and also, that person isnt even irish. bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Yeah, I wanna sneak into other peoples' rooms this year - during the night I mean - I didn't do that last year.
    And I wanna hang out in the girls rooms, didn't do that enough, far too panicky legging it down corridors to knock on doors without getting caught to spend any time chillin out down those forbidden passages.
    Whats happening on July 16th Alison? What're up to?

Also.. what does everyone think of Oisin's idea to start calling Nevermores 'Ravens'? *ahem*

The same thing i think of most of my esteemed brothers ideas

Its stupid, and he should be shot for suggesting it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

We could speak without using the letters 'c,t,y,i', or put an 'c' in front of every first word, t in front of every second word et cetera. Or only speak with the ctyi, or just go ctyictyictyictyi over and over like deranged Pokemon people.

That would get very very annoying very very quickly. Fun.

I like the door idea. There should be certain bricks in the path you can't stand on and if you do you are forced to do the 'i just stood on a brick that i wasn't supposed to' dance, which can be choreographed at a later date.

Oh, and we should play the 'how many boxes of soap can i get into the washing machine' game, followed by a foam fight.

Will there be forgien students across like last year? We should annoy them more.

This is gonna be a good summer!

PLASTIC CUP TELEPHONES AND PARTIES IN AISLING-ELAINE'S ROOM ALL THE WAY!

and fire drills. i have no idea why, but i'm looking forward to them

Originally posted by crash_000
    er...Joe...your fly is open....and it seems you're not even wearing pants.
    er...Neil...your mouth is open....and it seems you're taken off my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

thats cus they're mine. i wish you wouldnt go through my drawers (no pun intended)

So I heard you're a member of the random letter society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

I plan on rallying a horde of shirt ninjas to storm the canteen. Should be amusing
    Ooooohhhh count me in!!!

Oh god, I'm getting so nostalgic im startin 2 feel sick
    and fire drills. i have no idea why, but i'm looking forward to them
    Me 2! I luv fire drills; i dint even run out d emergency exit last year!!! Damn them 4 tellinh us it was goin 2 be a drill. Wudnt it b kool 2 ring d fire brigade if day dint tel us it was a drill; hee hee hee. (BTW im not advocatin prankin d emergency services)
    waterfight!!! who else wants a waterfight???
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I luv waterfites with eggs, an flour. Last year i was brinin a water gun 2 d disco an d stupid "made in china" piece o crap leaked all ovr d place!!! I had 2 walk bak 2 my room with a rather wet... wel im sure u get the jist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Emm... July 16th is... something I can't say here coz its a surprise. I'll explain later. And you stole my idea about hanging out in the rooms of people of the opposite sex! Oh well, it has to be done more. As a scientific experiment. It is our duty to mankind, you might even say.
    Anyway.
    And yeah, plastic cup phones! Or pulley systems! Me and Holly had an interesting little plastic cup apparatus that we used to send notes and very stale crisps up to Aoife and Stephanie who lived above us with.

Ooh I got this gun thingy that shoots all these bubbles and makes crazy beeping noises. I can use it in the waterfight. Not that it'd be an effective weapon but it looks kind of cool. If you're six that is.
    what does everyone think of Oisin's idea to start calling Nevermores 'Ravens'?

its... interesting, but I think nevermores will never be replaced

No one told me that it was a fire drill last year! I was sleep!
    I've an idea, how bout we start a tradition of lending me money that I never have to pay back?

I'll buy you a lollipop, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

edgar allen poe

the raven keeps saying nevermore thats the explanation apperently

• Advertisement

I always thought it was "Quoth the server 404".....

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Changing a decade old transatlantic tradation? great idea, up there with inflatable dartboards in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

oh...my...god...
    my overwhelming sense of "AGH!!! CTYI!!!" had lay dormant for a long long time....
    UNTIL TODAY!!
    OH MY GOD IM SOOOO EXCITED!!!
    i cant breathe...
    ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

im REALLY gonna make the most of it this year!!!
    my enthusiasm is reaching epic proportions, you're all gonna want to KILL me by the end of it!!!

(oh god, the end of it....lets not think about THAT for a while...)

all together now... C-T-Y-I!!!!

agh!!!

Aghh! Marc! Don't mention the end, it hasn't even STARTED yet!!!
    Now all I can think of is the bitter anti-climax which awaits me at the end of July.
    Thanks Sparky, thanks a lot.:(

Oh, and more playing of Lying Cun...Lier is needed!

Originally posted by gigglingrat

Oh, and more playing of Lying Cun...Lier is needed!

definately. that game was the best. you bring the cards, i'll bring the, eh, lying equipment ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Woo! I was the first person last year to play that, I suggested it...

I just thought I'd point that out

They were my cards! Throw some credit my way!

What d hell is dis game??? Sum1 enlighten me!!! PLEASE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

The game was Cheat/Bullsh1t, ya know the one where ya have to put down a card one up or down from the last one put down and if ya don't have it ya have to lie (or cheat)

• Advertisement

Only to make it more fun you scream obscenities constantly, and if you think someone *may* be cheating (like there are really any rules) you send a couple extra their way.

Twas killed, however, by lack of creativity and constant playing. We must revive it!

Lightning strike
    I give you LIFE!!! Mwahahahahaha.....

hem

Advertisement