Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its oh so very close

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah lying c*nt....i taught my family how to play it on holidays, i got WHIPPED, my sister acts like she hasnt got a clue how to play, then BAM, kicks our arses...
    FOODFIGHT!! in the caf, twould be fun...
    i remember someone put their stereo out their window onto the quad, whoever gets a quad-side room must do that...
    umm....
    sing songs!! sitting in some random field singing lover' you should've come over...
    or HEYDAY!
    so, yeah, waterfights deffo.
    they is fun.
    so, not long now....:)
    i is excited...
    i tend to ramble dont i?
    yet you're still reading....
    YOU THROBBING FOOL!!
    yeah, so fun, thats the staple ingredient, we're gonna have plenty more this year.
    does it seem to anyone else that EVERYONE was a nevermore (not "raven"...*shudder*) last year? it feels like no one's coming back...
    ooh, i know, a load of crazy "rituals" that we do to confoose the newbies into thinking they're stylish ctyi trends....
    MWAHAHA!!
    im still talking....
    STOP HAND, NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Ok, deep breaths! Phew!:D
    Yeah, music is always fun. Esp in the background, cos then its like your life has a soundtrack.
    Foodfights, grassfights, waterfights allfights sound fun! (except fist fights. I have suprisingly little upper body strength.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Woo! Life soundtrack! I tried that last year. We should all pretend we're in a musical like that episode of Buffy...

People get annoyed when you keep imitating canned laughter however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

life soundtracks rock!
    i love that when you buy a new shiny cd, and then go all out and buy a book too, and then whenever you is read the book you listen to the new cd....and whenever you read the book afterwards, you hear the cd in your head...
    the soundtrack for ctyi last year for me was "setlist".
    twas a PERFECT soundtrack...
    t'will be hard to top this year...
    that kinda sums up my fear for this year...
    HOW CAN IT TOP LAST YEAR??
    *sigh*
    we'll all just have to make a big ginormous effort to make it better...
    is session two *really* that different to session one?
    i dont want it to be... i like my session one....

STEWPID HAND, STOP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I found during my S2s that it featured more rational people. Plenty of nutters too, but all in all it was less arty people, more rational people. Of course, I am making sweeping generalisations here, and am also basing this on a theory put forward to me by that Green Hand Guy fellow, which I am currently too lazy to attempt articulating fully, but which basically said that most courses in S1 are art-type courses, and most in S2 are science-type courses. If you want to shout at anyone over this, shout at Green hand Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! There we go, I've shouted, LOUDLY. My therapist says it's good to get my anger out in non-violent ways, maybe i HAVE been killing too many people lately.............................. mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by J Campion
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! There we go, I've shouted, LOUDLY. My therapist says it's good to get my anger out in non-violent ways, maybe i HAVE been killing too many people lately.............................. mmmmmmmmmmmm
    If there was ever a post that deserved this:

You guys aw cwazy.

Somebody finally said it

Come on now, we were all thinking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I thought my pirates thread kinda deserved it. Or at the very least it should have been ignored. And I didn't deserve to be banned. On a side note, how many times have you been banned Aonghus. You make it sound like quite a few. I say we have a competition....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

once for a week, for constant barry flaming. but neil almost never bans people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Is Raphael's picture thingy supposed to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle or what? I think it looks kinda like a robot or sumtin. If it is the first (i forget teh oppostie of latter) I presume his name thingy refers to one of them? Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think rapheal was banned 3 times in total. or 2 and threatened copiously for the third.

J Campion - SHUTTHEFUCKUP

It does look like a turtle. I'd say thats what it is. I wouldn't bet on it tho...

I only remember 1 time, and a whole lot of threatening(sp?)

Actually that's spelt right. According to you, we're level. According to the one who banned you, I have to get one or two more to draw level. *Goes off to think of banworthy topics*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

A thorough search has shown that Jaffer/Raphael/Aonghus has been banned once, threatened with a ban twice, and slagged rather ferociously countless times, culminating in this post. That thread in general is pretty much a good old Aonghus slagging, actually

Only twice? it seemed like so much more

*goes and reads the thread barry linked to*

Good Lord. I was really asking for it, wasnt I?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

He also once got me severly threatened with banning

• Advertisement

Not so much. Methinks I thoroughly deserved to be banned, and would have been if Neil had been mod, during my little.... altercation.... with Bob. Now that I think back on it I can't believe I was ever that pigheaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by Awayindahils
    and its oh so very close, and its oh so the last time i can go back........

so has anyone got any good ideas/ plans as to what they will do/would do/have done in their last ctyi summer?

calling all never mores i know some of u have arms lenghts lists of plans and others want to add anymore

me i have my usual plans and then some others be sure to be in the cafeteria on the 16th of july............

........or wait have i got the wrong day

Sweet mother o'jebus, YOU"RE going to be a nevermore? Now i feel REALLY old...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Rainbow Kirby you used be manUbabe didnt you?

btw, get me a job in game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Why are none of you people going to be in my session? And why the hell does it have to be my last?! And will i really be the only girl in Computer Applications like I keep being told? And if I am, do I get a room to myself....?

And why am I rambling? But yeah....spending time in guys rooms is a damn good idea. As is staying the night in someone's room....combine the two....viola, instant being-sent-home-age!!!! But fun. And pop tarts and pot noodles, and dry pasta...and apple lollipops, and too much caffiene, and if it was happening during my session damn it I like the shirt ninja idea. And my fingers hurt. And damn it they better have a bouncy castle again this year, and sumo wrestling....that was so much fun!!!!

YOU HAD A BOUNCING CASTLE?!?! how come we didn't get a bouncing castle?
    Or did we?

I seem to remember the ground being kinda bouncy and wobbling.....but that may have been the orange juice :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Quiet you begrudgers. Velcro bouncy castle and sumo-suits pwn.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by crash_000
    Rainbow Kirby you used be manUbabe didnt you?
    yep.
    btw, get me a job in game.
    wish I could... its boring as hell usually, but a really hot guy came in today asking about metroid prime...:D

Right up your alley then Neil!:D *I smell retribution but it was worth it. That had to be done!*

• Advertisement

I just thought I'd point out... ONLY 25 DAYS TO CTYI!!!!!

WOOO

Cept for those of you going to Session 1. In which case its like, four days. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out what with the title of this thread referring to it and all...

Advertisement