Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its oh so very close

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Originally posted by Raphael

[no offence intended to facists]

Emmmm... Aonghus?..... Might want to rethink that, just a little.:p

And again Campion, I'm going to have to smack/rehabilitate you when I catch you at CTYI. And no! You can't escape because you're in my class! Seriously, stop! You remind me terrifyingly of me around this time last year and in case you hadn't noticed, I still haven't been forgiven by the majority of people around here for that era of my life.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    And no! You can't escape because you're in my class!

crap... if he's in your class... and you're in my class...

why didn't i pick some good course full of nice sane people...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

what fun wud ctyi be with sane peole?

and even if theyre particularily annoy they will eventually become background noise....well maybe

but anyway the real world is for sane peole, ctyi tends to mean checking whats 'normal' at the door.

Don't worry Ana, I won't exactly be trying to piss you off. Just ignore me and everything I do if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Emmmm... Aonghus?..... Might want to rethink that, just a little.:p
    Fascists are people too, y'know. And by implying that fascists aren't entitled to consideration, you're being a fascist

HATE CRIME!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Originally posted by Raphael
    If your slightly crazy, then Adolf hitler was mildly unpleasent to the jewish people

[no offence intended to jews or facists]

I'm not totally crazy!!!!! And just don't forget all those times you forgot your keycard and I gave you mine!!!!! I might be near a window near a door near a keycard slot this year again!!!!!

Don't worry Ana, I won't exactly be trying to piss you off. Just ignore me and everything I do if you want to.

ok, i don't know your name, so forget you knew mine. do you know any other people i should start to avoid who'll be doing ir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

On the first day, talk with an accent and wear a disguise, pos. moustauche/ fake nose combo. If the insanity proves too much, quietly switch courses. Because of the disguise, they won't recognise you, and so won't be all why did you switch bitch?

I realise that since I've posted this here, anyone entering the IR room with a fake nose is most definatily you. Oh well. Do it anyway for the craic.

You're strange...... Also, I couldn't be bothered switching courses. I don't think IR involves a lot of work or effort or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

It better not! Also, is that 4 of us doing IR? Woohoo (quietly [I've promised to be mature])

• Advertisement

Poor Ana.

*smirk*

Poor Ana.

maybe i could just like not go to classes or something.

Wouldn't worry about it. I can't piss you off because I'll be asleep most of the time and Campion.... well, he shall be taken care of......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

yeah, so ctyi!
    woo!
    excitement....building....
    so, foodfights, waterfights, and hide and seek, i like it.
    wow...there's just over two weeks left...
    then MAID IN MANHATTAN. woo! fun..
    maybe if we go REALLY early (like, a day or two early) we could convince the RA's to have mercy...
    or, remind them that they too will have to sit through maid in manhattan AGAIN...
    or, one of YOU bring a dvd....
    a nice PG one...
    that could work...
    so, ctyi eh?
    its gonna be good...

i have the wizard of oz on dvd, it has a feature on THE MAKING OF OZ with narration by LIZA MINELLI

and about this going early thing, how early are you going marc?

I can see ya gettin kicked off the campus before it even begins.
    What time are we to be in on the actual day?
    Oh, and this may be a stupid question, but do we need to bring art materials for art design? Does anyone know?

Oh, someone bring twister!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

TWISTER!!!!!! Ooh, ooh!!! Great idea! Someone bring twister!

I can bring the mat, but my twirly yoke is broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yay! twister!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by gigglingrat

Oh, and this may be a stupid question, but do we need to bring art materials for art design? Does anyone know?

ooh! ME! miss miss me!

eh yeah iirc you used to anyway - check the course listings book or else give the office in CTYI a ring and check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Aw man, we have to bring our own art supplies to Art Design? What kinda crazy system is this?

Well, this thread's name is now very accurate. Only, like, 13 days left til CTYI and its hit me : What if its not as spectacularly fantastical as I am expecting it to be? What if it doesn't live up to the expectations that've been building since .. since whenever they started building.

Oi.... Oh, I do have one of those Twister spinney things though. I think... If not we can just get someone to yell 'Left foot blue' at random.

Also we should all try mingling as much as possible. I know lots of people going back this year and as much as I love em, CTYI wouldn't be the same without talking to EVERYONE randomley and getting to know people you never would've without CTYI...

I'm just sayin all this for myself really, I want to make sure I squeeze every last bit of fun out of CTYI this year as it might be my last...

this time 2 weeks ill be either tlkin to my roomamtes are roaming the corridors for my friends or quite unlikely but an option asleep.

this time 3 weeks, well what ill be back from doing nothing all day. the first disco will be over and done with (its a neccessary evil the first disco)

this time 4 weeks emmm what ooh is this the day trip day, ive never been on a day trip cos i dnt like going long distances on buses, so given as its me ill have brought a mountain of shopping and my ra group will probably be knee deep in biscuits. well ankle deep.

this time 5 weeks, and itll be all over for me forever *big drought preventing sob* and ill be in the throws of post ctyi depression, a phenonemnon explained to be by a nevermore in 01 but i havent been hit that badly befroe cos i cud go back.

anyway plans. i might do my own washing, well anything cud happen. emm i was thinking about not going home to sleep on sundays, but what do u even do on sundays?

emm does any1 know if there jolt in the shop cos i heard a rumor that said it was stopped? caffine makes me very very hyper so that is a good thing. and i just wanted to write this cos it was in my head.

and just one note on twister, has anyone actually got a twisty thing the nonmatt part that works? every1 i know has theirs cellotaped together. bring it with u if u do and if u really need a water gun dnt foget to bring it in ur actual luggage and dnt buy it in blanchards town cos the ras check the bags.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

The whole nevermore depression still gets at me at times. Mostly thinking on how simple everything was, how many friends I had there and haven't talked to/seen regularly etc etc.

Feh. Life sucks.

I've gotta chocolate fondue thing I was thinkin of bringin....are candles allowed tho? Cos thats how it melts...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Er, candles not allowed. nor is incense and a few other things. read the handbook yokey, i'm sure it hasnt changed in two years tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, candles arent allowed

*reads it every year in case they forgot something*

you're allowed bring like aerosols and hairspray and stuff, right?

whether u are or not peole do.

dnt stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I don't remember being strip searched or having my bags searched at any point during CTYI. Once you don't go flaunting it around, it's okay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Hmmm... It doesn't say anything about bringing your own art supplies in the thingy. Just says Art students should bring old clothes. Maybe we have to buy our own stuff there like with the text books??

Only twelve days! God...

Advertisement