Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its oh so very close

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

oi, thats not fair at all. i went this year as a 17 year old and it was definitely one of my favourite years. theres some people bitching and its really unfair to the ras because some people were heard on the first day basically saying that they werent gonna give this session a chance. session one was amazing and the ras were a really big part of it for me. it really annoys me to hear all these people who didnt go this year saying how crap its turned when thats only the opinion of a few. ctyi is what you make it and even though i didnt have the best first week this year it was because i wasnt giving it a chance. once i decided to stop comparing it to other years and just have fun with my friends it completely rocked. ctyi is about the people and from what i saw most of the ses2 people had a good few ppl that they already knew so theyve nothing to complain about if they give the session a chance and enjoy their time with their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by Caoimhe
    oi, thats not fair at all. i went this year as a 17 year old and it was definitely one of my favourite years. theres some people bitching and its really unfair to the ras because some people were heard on the first day basically saying that they werent gonna give this session a chance. session one was amazing and the ras were a really big part of it for me. it really annoys me to hear all these people who didnt go this year saying how crap its turned when thats only the opinion of a few. ctyi is what you make it and even though i didnt have the best first week this year it was because i wasnt giving it a chance. once i decided to stop comparing it to other years and just have fun with my friends it completely rocked. ctyi is about the people and from what i saw most of the ses2 people had a good few ppl that they already knew so theyve nothing to complain about if they give the session a chance and enjoy their time with their friends.

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I knew... a grand total of 2 people when i got here this year, depressing..

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

first of all i was not commenting on the RAs or other administrators. they do their job and are always great.
    i was commenting on the students. the generation change from the late 90's to now is depressing. the essence is not the same. i'm not just talking about this year. since '01 it's really been in decline in terms of the people who go there.
    /hobbles off on cane.

well im disinclined to agree with you. i have made amazing friends every year in ctyi but none of those people are from 2000 ses1 and 2. in fact in 2001, when the so-called "decline" happened, i made 3 or 4 friends who i have constantly remained in contact with and who have become a very important part of ctyi for me.
    *hugs* to alim. im sorry you didnt like the people as much as i did :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

i hope im one of those amazing friends...

*silence*

of course u are sweetheart, this year would have been sheisse without you!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

awh thanks *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

"first of all i was not commenting on the RAs or other administrators. they do their job and are always great.
    i was commenting on the students. the generation change from the late 90's to now is depressing. the essence is not the same. i'm not just talking about this year. since '01 it's really been in decline in terms of the people who go there"

Obviously, everyone's entitled to their opinion..but you're wrong. No, just kidding ;) If I had been a student and not an RA this year I think I would have made friends every bit as good as the ones I made when I was in CTYI in '99 and '01 as a student. Just because the "essence is not the same" (debatable anyway) doesn't mean it's necessarily worse. Everyone always says to take each Session in and of itself and not to compare it to other years. The students this year were amazing, some of the most outstanding people I've ever met, and I think it's a huge disservice to them to say that they're somehow lesser as people or not as much fun than the CTYI crowd of old.

But that's just me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

Sigh. YEa id agree with Hey You whichever RA that it is. I think u shud have every1 year for its own and not compare them. There are all different and all so very great. I dont like the idea of comparing cos ive had such a good time there i wouldnt like to diss sum of my fond times.sob

• Advertisement
Advertisement