Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox problem

Options
  • 01-06-2004 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

any time firefox crashes i lose all my temp internet files

i'm using this version (got it by going to help >> about firefox) it's one of the nightly builds

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a2) Gecko/20040527 Firefox/0.8.0+

this is really annoying as i'm on 64k and takes ages to reload pages again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

hmm thats weird,ive been usin firefox for the past 3 months and i havent had a single crash

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Garth_Vader
    hmm thats weird,ive been usin firefox for the past 3 months and i havent had a single crash

ohh i know the crashes are rare but when it does crash it clears the temp internet folder files :dunno: :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

have you noticed a pattern? certain sites, certain types of media (java, flash - that type of thing)?

no it just crashed once when my computer stop responding and ctrl + alt + delete restart.

then when i loaded up again it took ages to load the boards homepage up (normally takes 2 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    no it just crashed once when my computer stop responding and ctrl + alt + delete restart.

then when i loaded up again it took ages to load the boards homepage up (normally takes 2 seconds)

Yeah happens to me the odd time as well.

Once it crashes it has to reload all the pages again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

The nightly builds aren't usually stable.. Download 0.8..

it was doing the same thing on 0.8 thats why i thought of downloading the nightly build one

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

You could try disabling Javascript or Java, or tweaking the options under Advanced Settings.

Its strange, I have been using firefox for over a year and I can't recall having any recurring stability problems. Is this a clean install of Firefox, or do you have a load of extensions loaded as well?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by fragile
    Its strange, I have been using firefox for over a year and I can't recall having any recurring stability problems. Is this a clean install of Firefox, or do you have a load of extensions loaded as well?

Same here, I've had no problems with any versions of Firefox or the final Mozilla 1.x builds
    However I did find 1.8 Alpha totally un-usable :mad:
    But then again....it is alpha

Originally posted by fragile
    You could try disabling Javascript or Java, or tweaking the options under Advanced Settings.

i've disabled java and javascript so i'll see how i get on thanks, but as i say it's not like it's every day that firefox crashes so in that respect i guess i'm lucky it doesn't crash like IE :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement