Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champ Manager All Stars??????

Options
  • 02-06-2004 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Right, bear with me here people cos I might just be going mad, but I hope not. I remember a few years back, reading a computer mag, cant remember which one, but it was a review of a championship manager game that was supposed to be coming out about 6 months later, it was an all star version of CM, where you could get all the best players from the last 50 yrs or so. Anyone shed any light on my madness?

After a bit of a google i found this, its was scrapped.

http://www.cmfaq.com/main.php?subaction=showfull&id=1085264558&archive=&start_from=&ucat=81&

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

we at SI were never doing such a game..

I think it was a roumer that did the rounds to be honest, someone at Eidos said "that would be a great idea" and it snowballed from there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'm surprised no one has made an all star update, it would be very time consuming to make but easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You volunteering?:D

Im going to have a go a planting a few ideas on some cm sites and see if someone picks up on it.:D

it would be a ****huge**** amount of work to get the research done, let alone done right..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

One of the older games, Championship Manager 2 or one of its updates I believe, carried an ad about this game, but then it got scrapped.

I dunno how great it would have been. The research would be very difficult cos people would be going on opinion rather than actually watchin the players and judging themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I can just see it now:

Ferenc Puskas:

Dribbling 20
    Finishing 20
    Creativity 20
    Passing 20
    Flair 20
    Pace 3
    Acceleration 2

Recent Form: 53435

people would be going on opinion rather than actually watchin the players and judging themselves.
    indeedy, crap research = crap game..

Advertisement