Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Um, why am I banned?

Options
  • 02-06-2004 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I appear to be banned from the Unreal forum. I don't recall doing anything deserving of that. In fact, its been very civil in there for ages now. Could someone tell me why I'm banned?

Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Because you suck Willy!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I have no access either. I smell a conspiracy. Or possibly that's my socks. No... it's definitely conspiracy, probably with musician behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

yeah me banned too, started a thread in "mod" before i noticed this, i think some idiot is banning all the cool people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by bazH
    ......., i think some idiot is banning all the cool people
    Why would you be banned then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yeah me banned too, started a thread in "mod" before i noticed this, i think some idiot is banning all the cool people

Explains me but why you lot?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I've access.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Explains me but why you lot?

kdjac
    Probably banned a load of users from a recent thread, maybe the tactics one or something, either way its gotta be musician who done the banning

I pm'd Vagga about it, he was unaware of any bannings :/
    No reply from musician yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

One of my posts is missing.....

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

i think some idiot is banning all the cool people
    Originally posted by Boston
    I've access.
    Hee! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Nah Its not that, the cool people still have access. I Just checked.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

*hand up in air* I'm banned too ... nice to be cool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Also cannot get access... Can't think of anything controversial on recent posts from any of us that would result in bannage for so many...

it may just be some d|ck who guessed an admins password ,,, I can't think of anything we could've done either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Maybe its something you didnt do!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I too have been banned. I can't see why. It seems like all the people who posted regularly have been banned.

Whoever banned us is either an admin who doesn't realise that the unreal board may "chit chat" a bit more than other boards because we actually talk to each other in real life, or it's some muppet who's guessed an admin password (likely the 2nd methinks).

Either way, this uninvolved dictatorship is ridiculous. I suggest that we have one of the unreal board regulars as a mod, that way silly bans can't happen.

I suggest killian for mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Originally posted by Stephen
    Hilarious.
    Why thank you young sir, I do try my hardest.

John

Khannie:Whoever banned us is either an admin who doesn't realise that the unreal board may "chit chat" a bit more than other boards
    Banning for going off topic is unreasonable.

Well - if no one complains, nor cares when topics go off in some strange direction, (as on the Unreal board) then it's not doing anyone any harm. We're all computer literate and we all know how to make new posts for unrelated stuff - that's not to say I've never done it :) I'm just saying that I doubt it had anything to do with us wishing a certain someone congratulations for a certain day. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Ahh ain't happy.
    It looks like those peps that got into the disscussion on Tactics got the kick
    Luckly i don't play with Tactics in mind ;D

I second Killian for a mod, He's a dam fine upstanding citizen

N.B.
    Khannie could do with being banned from the Unreal board for another week - hes posting too much maths - hurts me noggin - :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This seems to be just a mix up or something going skwewy but if the mods are reading can they post here on the matter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

No idea how this happened. Perhaps someone guessed my password. I'll change it.
    The strange thing is when I view these users in an unreal topic it does not say they are banned which would suggest something more.
    And the cheek of these unreal blow-ins to suggest a regular should be a mod. In fairness though since my days of UT glory are gone I would be happy to hand over the reigns to a suitable boardster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Originally posted by GinjaNinja
    N.B.
    Khannie could do with being banned from the Unreal board for another week - hes posting too much maths - hurts me noggin - :p

Careful now bud.....someone might take you seriously!

I couldn't handle a ban for another week. One day is rough enough. :)
    Originally posted by zoro
    I'm just saying that I doubt it had anything to do with us wishing a certain someone congratulations for a certain day.

HAHAHAA. I thought that was it initially, but then I was like "maaaaan, funk that!" (great tune) nobody would ban us for that.

Originally posted by musician
    Perhaps someone guessed my password. I'll change it.
    I'd recommend all mods do so asap - just in case this is the precursor for something bigger!
    The strange thing is when I view these users in an unreal topic it does not say they are banned which would suggest something more.
    Yeah - that's what I noticed too, I couldn't understand it so I posted on the admin board about it. Tis a strange one allright
    In fairness though since my days of UT glory are gone ...
    You're never gonna join us??? *quivery lip* :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Users only get a tag of banned if they're banned from the entire site.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Originally posted by zoro

You're never gonna join us??? *quivery lip* :)

From UT2k to UT2004 I just can't get as excited about it as UT. Never be the same I suppose. I haven't spoken to my old DF clan in a year and I play ET only now so it's looking unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Still banned :(

I mod it if you want :D

kdjac

Originally posted by musician
    From UT2k to UT2004 I just can't get as excited about it as UT. Never be the same I suppose.
    Yeah that's the same opinion that alot of people have. They've yet to capture the feel of the original - what made it so much fun and addictive. And what ultimately made you keep coming back for more.

onslaught/assault makes me come back for more. I could care less for capture the flag/dm. Though instagib has its merits.

so, any chance of unbanning our asses?

• Advertisement

woo, I am unbanned

Advertisement