Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Um, why am I banned?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've gone through a few and unbanned. Post here if I missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

A few of the threads seem to be missing too

Like the one on tuesdays game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

A good idea might be to make someone who plays the game mod

I suggest
    Stephen
    BK-DZR
    Khannie
    Killian
    Adeptus Titanicus

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Originally posted by Squall
    A few of the threads seem to be missing too
    Like the one on tuesdays game.
    Yeah I started that one ... I was wondering where it went.

Admins? Do the logs show you what happened today? Obviously you're not going to give us all the gory details, but have you any ideas?

*edit* there were 2 stickies aswell ... not any more though :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It deffinately looks like someone guessed my password, which unfortunately was easy to guess, and deleted posts as well as banning users. I've been on these boards since 1996 and my password has been the same since the time I was just a measly user and guessing my password would have no value.
    I hold myself partly responsible and as has been suggested the unreal board might be better served by somone actively playing the game. I play the game from time to time only. My real interest in buying unreal games is the technology as the game holds no more allure for me.

I hereby tender my resignation as moderator of the unreal board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I demand that musicians resignation be rejected. Just to annoy him. :)

Shut it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Musician can you unban too me please?

Ecksor is there any way you can check/trace the ip addy of the person who guessed the password??? (I presume not but thought I'd ask!)

Stephen any chance of editing the thread header so it mentions the Unreal forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It was a chinese IP, probably an anonymous proxy server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

i am banned too... got frustrating being able to see the Unreal forum when not logged in, then when logged in being kept out.

also one of my threads I started about the release of the CBP2 vol. 2 for UT2004 got deleted while my post on CBP2 vol. 1 which has almost the exact same post structure and content remains in the forum. might re-post this when i get unbanned as it's a class map pack - dunno why games1 hasn't got the map packs running yet... although community map packs, they're as good as official map packs in my opinion.

as for a new Unreal mod, how about starting a thread/poll in the Unreal forum? i'd vote K!LL!@N for mod, if he's not interested i'll put my name forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

u have access again now naitkris..

Sticky thread at the top of the forum now directing people here..

..and my password changed as it had also not been changed here since I first joined all those years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Hi, I didn't see this thread until today, any chance you could un-ban me too?

Also had a thread deleted that I started, but it wasn't that important. Was subjected "War Stories".

This is starting to look like a thread for Unreal-Limbo, we're all just hanging around waiting to get back in again, neither fully here nor there...

Ta,

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

your back in this demision now Benster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Nice one. Give yourself a raise.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

ta for the unbanning guys and ta for looking ecksor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah so this is what happened.
    Yeah that's the same opinion that alot of people have. They've yet to capture the feel of the original - what made it so much fun and addictive. And what ultimately made you keep coming back for more.

UT > UT2K4 > ET :p

Muso you are required to return UT as from the above example it is obvious that UT is da king of games :)

( i dunno if DF still play UT, think they moved on and then... i dunno. Kinda lost contact after the Irish players quit tho still speak to r1/2 odd time ;) )

Muso as long as you keep an eye on the forum so it doesnt get outta hand (like too many posts in a day*) i dont see why you couldnt continue to mod that o so difficult Unreal forum. Tis up to yourself tho :p

* Tis nice to have an active urneal forum again. Was getting tired keeping the forum alive on my lonesome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Id appreciate being unbanned so I can continue my lurking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

being unbanned would greatly enhance my ability to post on this board aswell :D

please

john.

Both of ye unbanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

im banned i want unbanned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

musician i see you have decided to stay as mod of the unreal forum
    planning a comeback?

Not my decision. No decision has been made as far as I can see. I'm still ET all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

IM baned too let me in!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Is there no way to just kill the entire ban list from the Unreal forum?
    It's such a quiet forum, I doubt anyone has done anything to deserve being banned from it that hasn't already been account-banned from boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

yes but getting the mods notice is part of the problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=165243

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

yes but getting the mods notice is part of the problem.
    Yup, I only mention it because an admin could probably do it in 10 seconds and it'd be an end to this ever cropping up again.

Advertisement