Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Trajet

Options
  • 02-06-2004 11:18am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at getting a 7 seater, am coming to conclusion that the Trajet seems to be the best buy.
    I've "heard" the petrol performance isn't great compared to the diesel, but this is second had info.

Any constructive comments on this car would be welcome, as well as what to look out for if buying second had, known issues at NCT time etc

Cheers

ps is there an online site that give the value of second-hand cars

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

www.cbg.ie will give you the price of second hand cars as an average of all the prices they have on a particular make and model. go the "selling section and select what's it worth"

I don't know much about the Trajet, but I might be looking into getting a seven seater near the end of the year also (expanding family) so I am just starting to look now, Kia also make one have a look at http://www.tynanmotors.ie/

Also if you want to find info about cars I think the best place is www.honestjohn.co.uk this website will give you a small review as well as known problems on each car.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

I've owned a Trajet since new (mar01). No problems but not great on petrol. No better than 28-30 mpg. Less around town, though I have air-con and use it. Its also hard on front tyres ( all the weight). I would buy again if I needed 7-seats but it would be diesel. Its a BIG car. (3" longer than a Ford Galaxy) so still room for luggage with 7-seats. Cpmfy on long runs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know 2 people who have Trajets.. one has a diesel and one has a petrol..

As Gorm has said, the petrol can be heavy on the juice especially when its fully
    loaded.. and can be underpowered on occassions..

The 2ltr turbo diesel is lovely to drive, very smooth and reasonably quiet.. also better
    on juice than the petrol version especially around town..

As far as value goes, the Hyundai Trajet and the Kia Sedona are by far the best
    value out there for what you get and most come loaded with extras unlike the
    equivalent VWs, Toyotas and Fords..

Take both for a test drive and bring the kids along, just to test how it handles with
    the family in the back..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

slave1

Did you buy?

Also in market for an mpv although kids are younger and so Zafira would do the trick but at almost the same price trajet is tempting. Anybody know what the real fuel consumption is on the diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I am now also back in the market for an MPV and the Peugeot 307 SW caught my eye, i had not previously even thought about it or knew it existed, looks like a good car, plus imho it looks a lot more stylish than the other mpv's.

http://www.peugeot.ie/html/showroom/307sw/introduction_307sw.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

the new toledo prototip is a very nice mpv also.

http://www.seatcupra.net/news_ToledoPrototipo_190504.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

for what its worth, Irish Car magazine has a big section on mpvs this month. It might give ye some ideas and comparisions.

Advertisement