Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royston Brady

Options
  • 02-06-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

Anybody hear Matt Cooper's attempt to interview Royston Brady on the Last Word yesterday? The guy's a complete joke! He's not willing to give an interview on his policies for the forthcoming European elections... more than likely because he has none!!
    Then I hear on the news this morning that he's a dead cert to get his seat in an opinion poll.
    Fair play to Royston. He mightn't have a clue about politics but he knows how to manage his image (I doubt than the type of people who vote for him listen to the last word).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Political cronyism at it's worst. He refuses to disuss / debate any issues in relation to Europe / Irelands role in Europe / his policies on Europe, assuming he has any. F.F. could replace him with a chimp & it would still get elected. Has he worked out the ten new EU states yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

It's madness. This is the guy the dubs are gonna send!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ambasite
    Has he worked out the ten new EU states yet?
    He's probaby reached this stage already:

Latvia, Lithuania, that other one that looks like a blob, Lambasite?, Ruritania?, Monticello?, Pepperoni?, Finland?, Marlboro country?, Yugoslavia?

Surely future tea-shack material there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by ambasite
    Political cronyism at it's worst. He refuses to disuss / debate any issues in relation to Europe / Irelands role in Europe / his policies on Europe, assuming he has any. F.F. could replace him with a chimp & it would still get elected. Has he worked out the ten new EU states yet?

True but who's the bigger idiot; The idiot himself or the idiots who vote for the idiot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

He is actually a very intelligent bloke, worked in the hotel industry i nthe states for a number of years and came back to Ireland. For a bloke with no third level education that bearly passed his leaving he's doing very well. He's also a close personal friend of bertie, and believe it or not you're looking at a future leader of FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I wasn't considering giving him my vote, but after hearing that last night, I definitely won't. Fortunately, Mary Lou McDonald is looking less likely to get elected, especially considering Sinn Féin do not get very many transfers from other parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by Boston
    He is actually a very intelligent bloke, worked in the hotel industry i nthe states for a number of years and came back to Ireland. For a bloke with no third level education that bearly passed his leaving he's doing very well. He's also a close personal friend of bertie, and believe it or not you're looking at a future leader of FF.

Actually he's the same sort of slimey git as Bertie that get's away with so much and finds himself doing far better than he ever should have. It's all about looking like a man of the common people.

Originally posted by IgnatiusJRiley
    Actually he's the same sort of slimey git as Bertie that get's away with so much and finds himself doing far better than he ever should have. It's all about looking like a man of the common people.

Where did he grow up? where did he go to school? He is a man of the common people. But he is a slimey git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Anybody hear Matt Cooper's attempt to interview Royston Brady on the Last Word yesterday? The guy's a complete joke! He's not willing to give an interview on his policies for the forthcoming European elections... more than likely because he has none!!
    Then I hear on the news this morning that he's a dead cert to get his seat in an opinion poll.
    Fair play to Royston. He mightn't have a clue about politics but he knows how to manage his image (I doubt than the type of people who vote for him listen to the last word).

sounds like hes trying the eddie murphy approach from the film "The Distinguished Gentleman" . Anyone remember that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Where did he grow up? where did he go to school? He is a man of the common people.

Does he draw the dole? Does he struggle to make ends meet? I doubt it somehow!!
    He lived as a common person once so he knows what sort of person people like but he isn't one of them!

• Advertisement

Does he draw the dole? Does he struggle to make ends meet? I doubt it somehow!!
    He lived as a common person once so he knows what sort of person people like but he isn't one of them!

Isn't one of them what? He's closer to "them" then most. You don't have to draw the dole to be close to the common people. Just what the hell are you talking about. I'm going to lay it on the line here and say Royston grew up in my area, went to the same schools as me, was taught by the same teachers and I've met the guy more then once. I am this common person you speak of, if you can even define that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I always think of "The League of Gentlemen" when i see his name :dunno: and then i'm freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'm going to lay it on the line here and say Royston grew up in my area, went to the same schools as me, was taught by the same teachers and I've met the guy more then once.
    That doesn't mean that he gives a toss about people from the area or Dublin in general though.
    There's a guy that was in my class in school running in local elections, doesn't mean I'm going to vote for him though.

Thats not the point, as I said he's a git, it's all this "he aint street" crap that I take objection to. I've no desire to vote for the guy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Isn't one of them what? He's closer to "them" then most. You don't have to draw the dole to be close to the common people. Just what the hell are you talking about. I'm going to lay it on the line here and say Royston grew up in my area, went to the same schools as me, was taught by the same teachers and I've met the guy more then once. I am this common person you speak of, if you can even define that for me.
    And so what if he went to the same school as you, had the same teachers, grew up in your area, etc..... So bloody what? should that be enough to get him elected to the (possibly) most powerful multi-government parliamnet in the world? Like hell it does. I couldn't care less if he is/was as common as muck. The fact is that this is a guy who cannot or will not discuss any aspect of his "polocies" with any member of the media, never mind his constituants, and hopes to be elected because of his ties to Bertie and the fact that he was lord mayor. Man of the people, me arse.

Originally posted by Hobart
    And so what if he went to the same school as you, had the same teachers, grew up in your area, etc..... So bloody what? should that be enough to get him elected to the (possibly) most powerful multi-government parliamnet in the world? Like hell it does. I couldn't care less if he is/was as common as muck. The fact is that this is a guy who cannot or will not discuss any aspect of his "polocies" with any member of the media, never mind his constituants, and hopes to be elected because of his ties to Bertie and the fact that he was lord mayor. Man of the people, me arse.

Did you actually read a word I said. hightlights include "He's a git" and "I'm not voting for him".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Where did he grow up? where did he go to school? He is a man of the common people. But he is a slimey git.

Believe he's from the North Wall and went to Joeys in Fairview. The da was one of Berties cronies and Royston spent his formative years as a FF lackie.

BTW, the last leader to come out of Joeys was Charlie. Be very afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 leon0tron

He's a smart ****ker, he's ahead already so why would he jeopardise it by opening his mouth and taking the chance of people realising he's not capable of going to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

anybody else think that he looks like Rimmer out of Red Dwarf on his posters??
    That smarmy, "excellent" look

Originally posted by Occidental
    Believe he's from the North Wall and went to Joeys in Fairview. The da was one of Berties cronies and Royston spent his formative years as a FF lackie.

BTW, the last leader to come out of Joeys was Charlie. Be very afraid

East Wall actually, an area with the highest un-employment rates in the country when he was growing up. Think tallaght on a smaller scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

from www.rbrady.ie

I want to represent your Dublin and my Dublin in Europe, to emulate our past success, and to speak out strongly on every issue of concern to Dubliners. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Im from East Wall as well and went to Joeys too but I still have to say he is a twat all style and no content

He is a master of raising his profile when he needs to and disapearing back into the undergrowth when challenged - Is this really the type of person we want to represent us in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Did you actually read a word I said. hightlights include "He's a git" and "I'm not voting for him".
    Of course I did. Sure I even quoted you. The fact that you also said that he was a git, and you won't be voting for him, I also read. The reason I quoted what you said was to comment on same. You seem to be making a case that Royston is "close to the common people" because he grew up in a socially deprived area. I was merely pointing out that just because he grew up in East Wall and went to school in this area, it makes him no less an incompetent prospective elected member of parliament than you or I, I also see no evidence that he is closer to the "common man" (whatever that is) . I don't care where he grew up or went to school. If I am to vote for him, I would do so on the basis of his policies, not where he was from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

I think he's cute. And I suspect that will get him a lot of female and gay votes. Electoral politics is largely about image these days in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

in my opinion

And we all know what that's worth. If people are voting for him because he's 'cute', then never before has the saying 'you get the government you deserve' been so appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

He's woeful...

He doesn't have a coherent policy on anything.
    He can't answer a question.
    He can't take crticism.

He's a breed of politician that I hoped we were seeing the back of. I mean at least with the SWP or the PDs you know where you stand with them (even if you don't like it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

bob_roberts.jpg

710royston.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Libero

Hi all - I have a special Royston poster pic, but can any1 tell me how to post it to the photopost site of boards.ie???
    I've registered and can see my member gallery but there doesn't seem to be an option to upload a pic from my own computer. Any hints?

Help will be rewarded by my posting the Royston poster. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Photopost is available to people who give boards a few euro to help pay the overheads etc.

Try here for web space where you can upload your own photos etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Libero

Cheers!

forrest%20brady%20(smaller).GIF

Advertisement