Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox modding apps

Options
  • 02-06-2004 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

hope this in the right forum, might need to be moved to hw/tweaking but xbox stuff usually goes here.

have been searching around for slayers installer for ages and can't seem to find it. i have a mod chip on its way in the post and want to get files ready for installation but its very hard to track down what i need.

can anyone suggest where to get the required files? from reading the stickied thread above it seems slayers is the best way to go but i might be wrong. there seems to be so many dashboards and apps out there its hard to figure out which is best.

i just want the simplest way of installing everything, in one go possibly.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

by the way ..slayers 2.5 dashboard won't work on crystal xbox....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Originally posted by thelad
    by the way ..slayers 2.5 dashboard won't work on crystal xbox....

don't see why it shouldn't.. if it doesn't work it's because it would be a 1.6 version xbox in which case it would be more the modchip that wouldn't work as opposed to the slayer cd. Plus the 1.6 are very rare and just because it's a crystal xbox doesn't imply that it's a 1.6 xbox.

Now if u know any different please prove me wrong, but afaik there isn't a specific problem with slayer cd and crystal xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

sorry (-; I was only half right ...worth a look here though
    http://www.worldxbox.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20226&highlight=version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

well not an issue since i ain't got one anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

it's really more of a case that slayers is quite old at this stage - fire f uckers is an alternative i've yet to bother exploring it considering if you're building a new bigger hd it won't get bye live anyhow

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

i think i was more wrong than u were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

if you want a copy of slayers 2.5 pm me and ill burn you a copy
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

don't forget to get XBMC , the standard one thats on slayers has been replaced.

the new one seems to be XMBC. is it easy enough to install it after xmbp has been put on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by quarryman
    the new one seems to be XMBC. is it easy enough to install it after xmbp has been put on?

Surely those "m"s are in the wrong place (ie XBMC)?

Matt

yeah its XBMC. i thought he had said XBMP aswell, which is the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Slayer I got 2 weeks ago installed XBMP (XBOX MEDIA PLAYER)
    which is pretty good

But XBMC dumps all over it.

Its very simple really - download the program, extract from zip to a new directory. Then copy that whole directory to the APPS folder on your XBOX.

Then load up Slayer - goto Load APPs from HD. You should see XBMC there.

Still haven't worked out how to create shortcuts to the main menu. Its then possible to use XBMC as your main boot desktop. Also has support for playing games over the KAI network.

If you put DIVXs onto your xbox - XBMC , can query the IMDB (kind of like a music CD lookup) and get all info on the film, plus change the generic icon to that of the Movie Box cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

where can i get a copy of the XBMC ??

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

if you want to add items to your menus - you need to ftp in and download and edit evox.ini which is located in the c partition. slayers evox.ini is fairly meaty but if you do a quick search in it you'll find the xbox media player and use it as an example.

xbmp/c is normally gotten via the link provided from the irc channel #xbins on efnet

Edit: you could also just overwrite the stuff in the XBMC folder if you don't want to go editing evox.ini

Advertisement