Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone flashed their v525?

Options
  • 02-06-2004 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at motclub.com on how to do this (I really want rid of all the vodafone crap) but seeing as it's in Spanish it's difficult to know what to do.
    I've download the PST thingy but I'm not quite sure how to use it.
    I have the USB data cable, can you upgrade firmware with that one?

Anyone done this successfully? what firmware did you use? what's the procedure?
    In other words, HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mad m gave me this great link, all in english, i got all the downloads and stuff, but get stuck at the actual flashing bit, it wont detect my phone, let me know if and how you get it to work.

http://www.mob453.com/phones/motorola_v600/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

thanks for the link, it's exactly what I'm looking for. I had trouble getting PST to connect to my phone as well but after I installed it and it installed those patches, it asked for drivers (which took me ages to find) which are in the p2kman folder. Things like "motorola data management".
    Once I got those installed it picked it up.

Now, do I have the balls to actually do this :D

Now have an upgraded v525!
    Thanks for the link Stekelly, it did the trick alright.

Haven't fully tested it, an error does come up when "booting up" the phone.
    It says "Flex error - network subsidy locked" or something like that but it seems to be working ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    Now have an upgraded v525!
    Thanks for the link Stekelly, it did the trick alright.

Haven't fully tested it, an error does come up when "booting up" the phone.
    It says "Flex error - network subsidy locked" or something like that but it seems to be working ok.

hey congrats,but do u know what i seen other people say abouth that error somewhere on another forum the one u get when booting up and i cant for life of remember how it was fixed i think it was with another flex i think.....does ur cam work?.....i have all the stuff too but didnt have the balls to do it....so fair play to you....what exactly are the advantages u got from upgrading phone?...thanks..btw if i come across the problem and how they fixed it ill let you know

oh spoke too soon!

Live! isn't working as the web sessions list is full up with other browser setting. I can't add the Vodafone ones as it's too full and the delete command isn't there!
    So, I may have to try a different firmware unless I can figure out a way of deleting them.
    I tried Master Clear & reset but that only got rid of one vodafone one.

Camera does work fine btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 lodey

there is a websessions file that is accessible via p2kman that can be deleted that should give you access to add new websessions....

Here is is where to get the programs to do the above...

http://motorola.acidjazz.net/software.html
    http://overthecliff.net/moto/

Thanks lodey. I tried that but it seems that that 'unregistered' version doesn't allow you to do it.
    Anyway, I've flashed it with another firmware which doesn't have all those browser settings so i can add those not but I still have a few problems.

I can't send SMS's although I can receive them. I can send MMS messages but it looks to me like the service centre number is correct.
    Could someone post up their SMS message setting if it's not too much trouble. Come on, help an idiot!

Live! isn't working properly either, when I connect it says I don't have a Live! enabled device.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

hey this any use to you for config of phone,....if not i have the V525 but tell me where to find what ur looking for if link doesnt help...

http://www.vodafone.ie/live/config/index.jsp?handset=MV525&x=22&y=10

found an egyptian vodafone firmware so I've gone back to that but it means that I have the vodafone crap back but I can access live. I'm going to try using p2kman to find the files that are specific to Vodafone and see if I can back them up, flash to a v600 and then put the files back on.
    Still can't text but i can text if I put another sim in the phone. need to try putting my sim in another phone and see if it works then.

It's a tricky business this flashing so think carefully before you do it.

Not a big deal to most people, but for those with a V525 Flashed and Vodafone who want to use Live, do this:
    Open seem 0032_0001 with a hex editor (download from pkman).

Go to offset 7A and change bit 1 to 1.

http://xlr8.us/hofo/
    http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt

• Advertisement

Also to get rid of the locked greeting on some flexs:
    Flex Error: Phone Subsidy Locked

Open P2Kman and delete a/mobile/system/secure_pds_init.
    Then change the startup greeting to whatever you want, and restart your phone.

Cheers Lodey.

Flashed to a v600 this morning and tried editing that seem file. I *think* i did it right but when I try Live! it throws up that error.
    Not 100% sure I edited it right though.
    Using XVI32, i opened the seem and found offset 7a (or at least, it that what it says on the bottom left of the screen)
    then I went to tools, bit manipulation, put a tick in "1" set it, saved it and uploaded it to phone.
    Is that right?

Ta.

Advertisement