Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get outlook express and outlook to work in the system tray

Options
  • 02-06-2004 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

how do it get outlook to run in the system tray rather than it running minimized.

cheers

eoinf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

don't think it is done before... the only way is to minimise the apps...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's bogloads of apps out there that'll do this, just keep an eye out for spyware. (Read the ToS!) The only one I can actually recommend is a tiny little thing called "Hide-it!", which I used years ago. Dunno if the developer is even doing it any more, but if you can't find it on the net gimme a shout and I'll see if I can find it in the stacks...

[EDIT: Actually, now I come to think of it, I don't think Hide-It! did exactly what you're looking for, I doubt it would be usuable for this purpose. But again, there's loads of apps like you're looking for.]

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Outlook 2000 and later have a registry entry to allow you to run it from the SysTray. A google for it will turn it up.

OE cannot be run in this way without some 3rd party app.

HTH

Advertisement