Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

carcraft

Options
  • 02-06-2004 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

www.carcraft.ie
    Any one dealt with them or had any work done by them.
    Booked the car in for the color restore treatment next week, just wanted to know
    what to expect?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Judging by the cars on the front page I hope your banger has the right badge! :) For colour restoration you could buy some t-cut and have a go yourself unless its really bad.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Has anyone got a guide on how exactly to use t-cut, polishes, waxes, buffers, etc etc, in what order, and what's needed etc?

My car could do with having some very light surface scratches buffed out, and the metallic shine restored to it as it has gone kinda dull, but when you go into a motor factors you are presented with shelves 30 feet long with 4,000 cans and bottles of all sorts of stuff on them. Is there a simple guide to all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh its pretty simple,
    as regards using tcut just do what mr. miagi says,wax on and wax off.Power Wash your car first then apply a liberal coat of tcut in a circular fashion,leave to dry and then use some elbow grease to remove it,depending on how shiny you want your car repeat as above.
    4,000 colours!if your cars red,get a red one ;p
    I wouldnt waste my money on getting someone to do it professionally as theyd just do the same,cept maybe with a polishing machine that you can buy from argos for like 20 bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

The guys in Carcraft are sound - Justin used to work for ChipsAway and did all the work for Maxwell Motors afaik. They did a paint renovation on my CRX and the work was top notch - you won't get the same effect by hand!! http://www.jspeed.net/ProjectCRX-1.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh but you''ll find that after leaving the place its gonna get dirty again,and you'll need to polish it again,waste of money imo,itd be cheaper to get the guy who played mr. miagi to come to your gaff and wax your car in a small pink bikini

• Advertisement

Its not a car cleaning service....and its not just a polish either... if you can get the same effect with a €20 heap from argos then you should consider changing profession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Thanks for the input lads,
    My understanding is that all stone chips and minor scratches will be removed
    by the treatment so comparing it to T-Cut or wax seems odd.

Tell you what, I'll take a few before and after pictures of me Jammer and stick them up, similar to what kdevitt has done.

Garth, you get mister miagi round to your's and get busy with the j cloths.
    Brenda, how come Audreys towel is fatter than yours?
    No Wait, that's someting else I'm thinking of.

Thanks again!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Dan_B

My understanding is that all stone chips and minor scratches will be removed
    by the treatment so comparing it to T-Cut or wax seems odd.

True except you said your car was getting its colour restored! :)
    Booked the car in for the color restore treatment next week

Look foward to the pix.

Mike.

yeah, well that's what the treatment is called?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

how much is it costing you, if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

€149 is the price quoted on the website for the full color restore treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

if u don't keep polishing this crx http://www.jspeed.net/ProjectCRX-1.asp it will go dull again. Stay away from automated carwash as lacquer surface will be destroyed again.

Argos orbital polishers are no use, the only real tool which does the job is shown on the pictures and has to be used with care as will eat paint on any edges leaving you with exposed primer :) (just if anybody is planing to do some DIY)

if u don't keep polishing this crx http://www.jspeed.net/ProjectCRX-1.asp it will go dull again. Stay away from automated carwash as lacquer surface will be destroyed again.

no fear of that... gets a wash every week and a polishing about every fortnight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Originally posted by kdevitt
    no fear of that... gets a wash every week and a polishing about every fortnight...

Do you want a job ???

You can do my car every week :)

Advertisement