Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Aerial Purchase - Best One and Where?

• 02-06-2004 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

I cant get cable and Sky is too crap to pay for. So instead I have TV which just sits there. I know you can buy an aerial from places like Maplan, Woodies etc with boosters and stuff on them. Can anyone give a suggestion as to which is the best and where can I get it. I want to spend less than €50 but preferably €25. Then I can spend my days watching RTE1, Network2, TV3 and TG4. I may end up with an IQ of 11 but I will be happy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭gorm

Look at the threads on the Community/ICDG/Terrestrial bb, they may be of use to you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yep, moved to the ICDG Terrestrial forum, I'm sure you'll get a lot more help about it in there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Personally If I gould only get RTE/TV3 etc I wouldnt bother owning a TV at all but in answer to your question the type of aerial you need varies according to where you live.

In most areas you dont need a booster for the Irish channels but in some areas (generally the western seaboard and the South East) you may need seperate aerials for RTE1 & 2 (VHF) and TV3/TG4 (UHF) elsewhere a single UHF aerial of 10-18 elements (depending on signal strength) should do the trick (If youre unsure of signal strength go for at least 18 elements or look at what's on neighbouring rooftops)

Be careful about choosing the right aerial group (range of channels within the UHF band) -If unsure go for a wideband (full band) type

Pay attention to the cable (no point in having a good aerial if you use crap cable with it) CT100 or CT125 are good choices (a lot of the stuff sold cheaply in hardware stores is pure junk)

Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/analogue_tv/ for lots more info

Advertisement