Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a foreign SIM card (for use "in foreign")

Options
  • 02-06-2004 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

G'day all,

I'm going to be in France for a spell this summer and was wondering what the odds are of walking into a French Vodafone/Orange/SFR store and buying a "free"* SIM pack for me & the missus to use while we're there...? Anyone done this before? (Our 'phones are both unlocked, natch...)

(* by "free" I mean something like the Meteor deal where you pay €20 for a card with €20 credit on it... I go back & forth to France a fair bit, so I wouldn't mind having a "dormant" pay-as-you-go account over there. Hate those roaming charges! :dunno:)

peckerhead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Orange do mobicarte, but it seems to have a low amount of time between top-ups before you loose credit/get deactivated. That link is in French - which I presume you understand.

The other companies are SFR (Vodafone) and Bouygues Telecom, though I'm not sure if Bouygues cover the whole country (they're the smallest company).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Merci, Dun...

Interesting that the entry-level packages are actually slightly dearerthan in Ireland (Nokia 3410, etc. all cost €109...) Will wonders never cease? :eek:

Advertisement