Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit cards

Options
  • 02-06-2004 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering what is the best method to add credit card ordering onto a website.
    Can credit card systems be integrated into a website, or are they hosted on some other site and the user is redirected to that site when required.

What I want to do is allow a user to purchase credits, once I have acquired payment (or an authentication notice) I can then credit the users account. I am wondering what is the best (cheapest, easiest) way of acheving this.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

There are many solutions out there.... unfortunately most of the good ones cost money!!!

From what you are saying, you will need a system that has some sort of call back feature - many of the good ones like worldpay would do this.

There are others where you don't need a merchant account, but they dont have these added extras.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Credit card systems can be integrated with your website but it will cost money. The best option is to send them to another secure webpage provided by whoever you sign up with. You can usually alter this page to look exactly like your own website, so the difference would be minimal.

You can use 2checkout.com - they have an immediate pass back facility - so you can immediately credit your customer's account (no merchant account needed, no monthly fees, just $49 to set up, but you are dealing with dollars not euros)

i'd say paysystems.com would work as well but I've never used them.

You can use paypal.com - they have what is called IPN - instant payment notification which is very, very good. But be warned any money you make with paypal you won't be able to withdraw to an irish bank account. But it is a very handy way to see if there is any demand for your service. After integrating with paypal you could integrate with other services as well.

If you are looking to pay money you can get set up with a merchant account and use worldpay or realex. They'll be able to send the call back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Paysystems offers both a shopping cart solution and an API. We use both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Try ikobo.ie and worldpay. I think worldpay is £250 a year + 2.5% of all transactions but it'd be worth it as it's much more professional looking than paypal etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Does the client have a CC merchant account? If so you may be able to simply pass the CC details directly to the client using secure means - there are guidelines on doing this available somewhere on the Visa Web site.

If you’re inexperienced, can’t program or you client has no CC merchant account, then use something like paysystems.com or 2checkout.com.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Also, take a look at / call www.realex.ie for the Irish online credit card service company.

Advertisement