Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance disc

Options
  • 02-06-2004 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

here's the story, im gettin insured by top quote, provisional driver, first time insurance, still waitin on provisional licence.. now with all the forms i have to give back to top quote, they need a copy of my licence,, now i have to wait a few weeks while the motor tax office send me out provisional....

top quote say they can insure me, but they can't send out insurance disc untill i've sent them copy of licence...

basically all i want to know is, can i drive without an insurance disc, and just bring around proof that i have a policy JUST incase i get stopped..

thanking you;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So long as the policy is in force you can drive. Tell the Garda that you are waiting on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

you will run the risk of getting a ticket/fine when you leave your car parked, I think it used to be £50, and its for not displaying the insurance disk - so when you park put it in a multi story if possible.

Originally posted by K2
    you will run the risk of getting a ticket/fine when you leave your car parked, I think it used to be £50, and its for not displaying the insurance disk - so when you park put it in a multi story if possible.

That only applies to tax discs. Section 73 Finance act 1976.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

My dad had to go to court several years back for not displaying a valid insurance disk (he was parked on capel street) . Judge dismissed him within minutes because his insurance policy was in effect at the time - also gave the guard a bollocking for wasting peoples time...

You'll be fine as long as you're actually insured...

You'll be fine as long as you're actually insured...

Excatly! Nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

cooloaboola,

thanks people:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

you'll get a cover note until actual disc is sent to you

Advertisement