Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Video Camera format

Options
  • 02-06-2004 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know what format Digital Camcorders use for their video? I've just bought me a DVD burner and want to borrow a Sony DV camcorder off the parents to make a few holiday DVD's.

Don't know the exact model, but it is a Sony and it is digital and it has a firewire connector. Is it as simple as plugging the camera into the firewire port and firing up Ulead Video Studio? Or will I need to convert the video in some way?

Thanks,

TD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

plug it into the firewire port on your pc/mac,
    start the software
    away you go

shouldn't need to do any conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Most software will require you to create a new project when you start it up, just be sure to make the project appropriate to the DVD you will produce. Windows Movie Maker makes movies suitable for email by default if I remember rightly, this will not be sufficient for DVD.

In the words of a wise man who once spoke to me . . . RTFM . . . READ THE F***ING MANUAL. I'm not being a smart ass here, it's important to be aware of the various settings your software offers when it comes to video. Once you get it set up once then you'll be right there after.

ZEN

Advertisement