Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rivaldo signs for.....

• 02-06-2004 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

The Qatar Football Association claim they have beaten Bolton and Celtic to the signature of Rivaldo.

Qatar FA technical director Manfred Honer said: "Rivaldo has signed for us. He has been here for three days and is finding a place to live.

"The move was all about money. It is what motivates the player.

"I can't reveal figures but if you're telling me Celtic and Bolton were willing to offer him £30,000 a week I can only say we're paying much more."

Rivaldo held talks with the Qatar FA on Monday but it had been thought unlikely that he would sign a deal with them.

The Brazilian had been told a move over there would end his international career.

Rivaldo had rejected the chance to join Celtic on trial, while Bolton were waiting for his response to a written contract offer and were favourites to sign him.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I told you Rivaldo couldn't be beaten for mercenary of the year.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

We all new Rivaldo was after the money anyway , but this wouldnt be the first time the Quater F.A. have released false statements .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

When he first heard of the Celtic link he said he doesn't want to play in Scotland and if he did it would be with Rangers because they're a better team. Why then did he have talks with Celtic? He had talks with Bolton before hand and I can only presume he talked to Celtic to try and force Bolton to offer more, but big Sam wasn't falling for it. His agent linked him to ever club under the sun. He's hardly going to Quatar for a new challenge. I've never liked him since his little incident at WC2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yeah that incident was a disgrace
    and honestly why does he think rangers are the best team in scotland, they were a shambles this year

well foreign players think Rangers are the best team in Scotland because of : the Rangers pention plan (could some1 plz post a link ) . But it looks like Mcleish wants to end the plan :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The Rangers Life-plan

Are you worried about the future?
    Let's face it, we're not getting any younger and we all have to think about our lavish lifestyles after our careers are over.

· Are you over 33?

· Are you well past your best?

· Are you looking for an easy life?

Then you are eligible for the Rangers Life-Plan!

WE PAY YOU £30,000 a week, there's a pointless medical and no salesperson will call (well, you might get a shot in the company plane).

CALL NOW! There’s a FREE house, luxury car and limitless golf at some of Scotland’s finest courses.

Don’t take our word for it, read these recommendations from some very satisfied clients….

"When I’m no longer playing, I know my family will be financially secure"
    Frank, Glasgow.

"I recommended the Rangers plan to all my family."
    Ronald, Glasgow

"The Rangers plan supplemented my pension, just when I thought it was too late.”
    Claudio, Buenos Aires

"The generosity of the Rangers plan is unmatched in the world of pension finance. It was the best move I have ever made."
    Egil, Glasgow

"Even when everyone said I was too old, Rangers were prepared to supplement my pension with an outrageous offer."
    Henning, Glasgow

“Despite being permanently injured I was still eligible for the Rangers Life-plan – year after year!”

Michael, Glasgow

So don’t sit there worrying about the future - relax - that phone will ring!

Ranger’s Life-Plan is regulated by D Murray and his pals at the bank and is funded by the 50,000 who have invested in the “RFC Season Ticket” pyramid scam over the last 10 years.

thx Sarge , that plan makes me laugh every time :D

Advertisement