Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp GX-15

Options
  • 02-06-2004 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

It reminds me of the SE T610, similar in dimensions & layout. What really stands out in comparison though, is the fast user interface. Browsing through the phone is a charm, no slow-down at all. It's Tri-Band and the screen displays 65k colours. The alarms section has been improved slightly. It's now nice & easy to setup and view all of the various alarms. I found the alarm function kind of cluttered in previous Sharp models. There's Bluetooth, IrDA and data cable support. Photos, videos, contacts & audio files can all be transfered from the GX15 to other phones over Bluetooth and IrDA - great improvement over previous Sharp restrictions.

gx15-3a.jpg

It has a camera at the back, with one of those chrome bubbles for taking pictures of yourself. Photos can be shot in three sizes; Small (120*160), Medium (240*320) or Large (480*640). There's also an Anti-Flicker feature with two options: 50Hz or 60Hz, maybe I'm not using it in the right situations but I can't seem to use the anti-flicker feature to any great advantage. There's the ability to record up to 100kb of video footage (.3gp), with optional audio. It has only 1.7MB of shared memory for applications, videos, photos and audio files. With no MMC slot, I would hope that this internal memory is increased before launch, 1.7MB is pretty small when considering that the phone can record video and capture large-sized photos.

Unfortunately, for Vodafone customers, the menu is Live! branded, but it's OK, or maybe I'm just getting too used to it! There are also two small branding logos. One on the front and one on the rear.

The GX15 has a good look, feel and weight to it. Overall, it's a really nice phone!

gx15-fa.jpggx15-ra.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Stuart Coleman

how much r u interested in the 6610i 3 weeks old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

how much r u interested in the 6610i 3 weeks old

Do you even read the posts?

This is a review of the gx15 in a mobile/pda thread. Not for sale.

Advertisement