Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax arrears

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

We Irish are a nation of chancers. If we realised that we could just say the car wasn't on the road, without any kind of verification (which is the spirit of this regulation - goes back to small town Gardai knowing everyone), then almost everyone who was a month or two overdue with their tax would do this.

For years, the application form for a British tax disc has asked for (a) the date you want the new license to start and (b) the date of expiry of the last license, if known.

It then asks "If there is a break between these two dates, has the vehicle been kept or used on a public highway at any time between those dates?"

I've often wondered who would actually put "Yes." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by seamus
    That got me too. I think that's not a misspelling, he means Resident's permit, as in an Irish Driving Licence. Maybe not.
    Resident's Parking Permit - reduced price annual permit for parking in what would otherwise be a pay as you go area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

Ah, gotcha!

Advertisement