Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert, Blonde Imports ;) And ..ME!

Options
  • 02-06-2004 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Ok this is a longish Insane Good Luck for the leaving cert, (and to you Junior Certs too! Awwww) And A little Note to tell you all ERIN HUGGINS IS COMING TO IRELAND! Shes stayin with me from the 12th to 24th AUGUST so ye all had better come down n c her ya hear?

Anyway The Leaving cert. Yes. That. Im not sure how many fellow sufferers I have , Aside from Oisín, So This is an open arsed (pardon the profanity...) Message to all exam sitters. I hope you all are ready, and if not, I hope you are happy, and if none of the above, I hope realise you're the same as everyone else! (think about all of that for a while.. its kinda funny!)

Anyway exams... Hmm.. they suck... Especially for me.. want to know why? Well probably not, but Ill tell ya anyway, They start on my birthday. Yes.. I, Roisin Garvey, Will be 17 on the 9th of June... Its taken a while I know.... so while many of you are off having crazy campus fun in late june... spare us a thought.. and eating crispy campus rolls, think of us, and painting and wearing dressing gowns and spoons... think of .... of... oh Im getting all emotional * sob *

There was a point here... Oh yes.. Ok... Anyway This thread Was intended for any Junior/Leaving certers to step forward and make yourselves known.. and Im praying there are some! :) Step out of the shoes of the observer and make yourself known to us........(or me...) what exams you sitting, what poets you studied, history topics.. etc... whatever.. let the fun begin....

I genuinely hope it goes good for everyone....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i'm doing the leaving. EVEN THOUGH I'M ONLY 12 REALLY CAN YE IMAGINE ME IN COLLEGE LIKE?!?!?!?!? ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod.

so i'm pretty chillaxed about it all.

AND I DON'T HAVE A PROPER JOB OR NUTTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

i'm in 6th year, but i'm done with exams. woot. (america finally comes in handy for something)
    ooh, speaking of blonde imports... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Lal lal lalalalalalal NOT LISTENING LALALALALALAL!

stupid fscking leaving. bah. I swear if anyone steps out of line in here over the course of the leaving i will ban their asses. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

Originally posted by PurplePainter
    spare us a thought.. and eating crispy campus rolls, think of us, [/B]

i think we all know that those rolls are far from crispy.

AHH!! BLOODY ****ING LEAVING CERT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Junior Cert. It's horrible. I've decided I don't want to do the leaving cert but I've a funny feeling if I voice that opinion around here my mother (Refugee Applications Commissioner) would find some crazy-ass way of having me deported. :rolleyes: So that puts an end to that plan. Unless......

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by crash_000
    I swear if anyone steps out of line in here over the course of the leaving i will ban their asses.

You'd best ban me now so. You know me and causnig trouble.

<insert spam here>

<other silly nerd related attempts at breaking the forum here>

<nothing here>

Oh well. I tried.

G'luck kids. :p Next year is my year of reconning. I'm getting too old. 21 in February and a degree sometime in the summer, if I'm lucky/study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Junior cert. This time would be so much better spent studying. Meh.
    what exams you sitting, what poets you studied, history topics.. etc...
    I assume that that was a filler line, cos you can't really be interested...
    Oh, nd good luck Rosie! Didya get your portfolio done? This is Aoife from art + ar history last year, bye-d-way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Um... Okay theres about 8 days left until the Junior Cert begins and... I haven't studied yet. Should I be worrying? Okay, I should be studying but... but there's no school! I don't wanna do work when there's no school.
    Anyone else do this little work and get through the JC all right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I did no study for the Junior Cert, and I English speak good now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i'll be in cork.....but i already knew

and as for the lc im sitting outside making sure people aka u lc and jc people dnt 'cheat' (like u lot need to)

anyway good luck and so on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

im an ickle JC'er m'self.
    i actually studied a wee bit today!!
    i realised its in, like, 4 days time? so, yeah, SH*T!!
    im skrood.
    "talent" cant help me now!!
    oh crap..

I'm sensing some negative energy vides on this thread....breathe people!

And rememder that smug annoying self-satisfied stupid patronising granny saying....

Things will be alright in the end. If its not alright , then its not the end.

*PUNCH!*

Thats not how you spell remember.
    Sigh.
    I'm doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i went through stage 1: "yeah, i'm gonna start studying reallly soon, then i'll get all A's and everyone will be happy for me"

then stage 2:"actually, screw studying, i mean, i didn't study for my mocks and i hardly failed them"

then stage 3: "on the other hand. i could have done better in my mocks.yeah, i'm gonna go study right now"

half an hour later, stage 4: "ah feck this, i'm going out"

now, in stage 5, four days to the JC; "yeah, i'm gonna fail. ah feck. oh crap. i'll study like whoa tomorrow and i'll be ok. i may even pass. aaah. oh crap...etc"

needless to say, i'm not too stressed :dunno:

Dear god... thats exactly what I went through...
    Has anyone else gone through those stages and come out okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

christ i went through all of them stages except i'm doing the leaving WHICH ACTUALLY MATTERS!!!!* cept i went all out and FAILED MATHS in the mocks so a brick has already been expelled from my body.

and why oh why didn't i read peig? and why didn't i watch peig? and why didn't i learn stair na gaeilge? and why didn't i read the english version of peig.

oh yeah, COS THEY'RE SO BLOODY BORING.

*cuz like, from what i've noticed, as long as you're doing honours at jun.cert, there is absolutely no other effect your results can have on your whole senior cycle.

yeah but you don't wanna be like, 'look at me, i failed me junior cert. i'm so great lalalala'

i also found out today that my cousin studies 4 or 5+ hours a day for the jc. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Your cousin in a loser.
    IS a loser.
    My concentration is already failing me!
    No.

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm not too fussed about the Junior Cert. It's not really incredibly important. I'd love to get eleven A's, but I probably won't get an A in art, and otherwise, although I feel ready(I've been studying a fair bit since just before the mocks)I can almost guarantee that what I don't know/didn't study will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Right, the sky is going to cave in on me in roughly...... 20 hours and 17 minutes...... I hope, otherwise I'm going to have to do my junior cert! I've realised at this stage that, due to my lack of studying up to this point but my disturbingly good memory, I'm looking at a big string of B's and C's, with possibly a few A's in the form of CSPE, Science, maybe History, and probably Latin. I need this kind of optimism, otherwise that rope over there is going to start looking mighty tempting......

• Advertisement

Yes, people, we need Posimism! a C is an Honour, and don't forget it! a D is a pass, and thats damn good! And an F is amusing. Esp in CSPE. Hoho.

And A's n B's, well, I guess I'd settle for them at a push, but they make for such boring report cards, doncha think?

there are always attempt marks, i guess

:confused:

Thats the attitude Im lookin for Ana! Well done, A+

ah well, sure 'tisnt it only the junior cert.
    and it begins tomorrow.
    oh
    my
    god
    today is tuesday!!
    SH*T!
    i should be studying right now....
    couldnt....be....bothered....
    weeeell, the importance of the junior cert really just pales in comparison to something like...oh, i dunno....THE PIXIES!!!
    now THAT, i could give a rats arse about.
    and ctyi, im looking forward to them SOOOOOOOO much, that ive kinda forgotten 'bout the ickle pop quiz that we got tomorrow.
    tomorrow.
    *shudder*

CTYI/PIXIES!!!
    ahhh.....
    comfort is found.

Originally posted by doonothing
    ah well, sure 'tisnt it only the junior cert.

arrah, tis true.

and i didn't do any study today. crappity crapcrap.

see you all when i get out of this mess, if ever :rolleyes:

Wow I have done absolutely no study.
    This is the first time (aside from the mocks- but they REALLY didn't matter) that I've done no study for an exam. I can handle it though I'm sure... I mean, cheating's just frowned upon right? There's no actual rules against it?

Right?

In Catch 22 the holy Chaplain dude says no good comes of sins. BUT if cheating makes you happy, them some good has come of it so it cant be a sin, right?
    Although....
    My friend studied reallyreallyreally hard and came second in her year in German. Yer one who got best marks gotta a Junior Linguists trophy of some sort. SHE HAD CHEATED.
    Just a story, has no relevance whatsoever.
    Hey, Marc, Im gonna that too!!! WOO! PIXIES, GROOVE ARMADA, THE THRILLS! have I left anyone out...? :D
    *excitement*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by gigglingrat
    In Catch 22 the holy Chaplain dude says no good comes of sins. BUT if cheating makes you happy, them some good has come of it so it cant be a sin, right?
    Never believe what a military chaplain/padre says. Their job is to keep up morale, not to uphold religious ideals.

yeah, aoife, you did leave someone out!!..........

THE HOT HOUSE FLOWERS!!
    there's no one else playing at that gig, is there?
    not a single one....

• Advertisement

Omigod! Is my face red! *hangs head in shaaaame* There might be some filler stuff, but I think thats the main ones alrite enuf.

hm. The whole idea of havin some kinda miltary holy dude seems a lil oxymoronic, if that be a word. ''Don't worry men! God is happy that you killed all the innocent bystanders! It's part of his.....divine plan! Oh yeah! Nd don't ask for a sign or you is goin ta HELL! At ease!"

Theres something ironically comical bout it.

Advertisement