Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHD - Irish Server - How??

Options
  • 02-06-2004 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Guys..Newbie here....I have Black Hawk Down and have played the multiplayer which is fantastic.

Question is..I see posts here about connecting to an Irish server...Is this just one of the servers that comes up in the list, or is there another way of specifying a server you want to connect to??

Appreciate any help....

Temp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

How do M8!

Have a look at the following link and download and install "DFBHD Pinger".

http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/index.php?action=df&fid=178

Once installed it will ask you to point it to your game EXE. Once done you can click on the "refresh" button and it will load the global list of BHD servers.

Then make sure you have BHD selected at the top (Not BHD Team Sabre!)

You can then do a search for JO (make sure "server" is selected in the search window) and you should find the JO-Squad server. Once you've found it double click on it an it will appear in the lower section of pinger

Once you see this you can click on the BHD button in the middle of the pinger screen (there should be 2 icons that look similar to the standard desktop BHD icoon - it's the one on the left!)

You game should now start, select multiplayer, select your server and carry on!

PM me if you have any problems!

Here's a screen shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Nice post there oakers, explains it all very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭TemplarBarna

Hi.

Thanks very much for the post. Got it installed and setup correctly but it's not showing any servers. My internet connection is working fine, but no server list is appearing at all......any ideas???

• Advertisement

I know this is a potentially stoopid question but you did click on the "refresh" button at the top of the window?

got it working eventually....(after clicking Refresh a few dozen times!)...don't know what I did different.

Anyway, it's working now.....only thing is, I couldn't connect to any game as I was told I had an incorrect version...same story for Call of Duty...

So, with some of the patches around 30Mb, I shall be using the speedy resources of the company I work for to download them quicktime and throw them on to the USB drive and hopefully will be blowing people's brains out later tonight!!..

Thanks for the help!......

How did you get on m8, Did you get updated and find the server????

Hi,

Got it working eventually...downloaded the 1.5 update and it works fine. But I can't find any Irish servers in the list. Did a search for JO, but no results. Its mostly UK, Netherlands and German servers....is there something I need to do to get a Irish server listed??.

Having great caic though...some great games..

Advertisement