Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV service is appauling!

Options
  • 03-06-2004 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hey Everyone,

I just reordered UTVip XL about 1 month ago. I used to have it, but left it because of the bad connections.

I thought this time it would be better. But no, Its soooo much worse! Tonight alone, I have been disconnected 14 times!!!! If fact I got disconnected writing this post(maybe they watching me).

Sorry for the rant, but I am very annoyed and angry. I would much rather pay the 30 euros from eircom and have an ok service that doesnt disconnect every 10 minutes and thats no exageration!

Can I change the number I dial into? I am dialing from Limerick, do they have a special number for each county, or do they just have the one Im dialing into?

If this doesnt improve I am LEAVING THEM for good!

Cheers,
    Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Could it be a bad line, or something else? Just wondering, since I think if UTV customers were getting constantly disconected (14+ times per night alone), I think we would have heard about it. did you contacted UTV support about the problem before posting here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 P45

I don't think your problem is UTV related. I dial in from Offaly every day/night and never get disconnected, unless I've been away from my PC for sometime and left it idle. It might take me a couple of tries to start due to a "busy line", but otherwise their service is solid. Problem is, apart for the other usual suspects; quality of phoneline, active CLI, software setup, hardware conflicts... I can't help ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've been with UTV for nearly a year now since they reduced there prices and I can't recall being disconnected at all and I use it for a couple of hours every night and day the odd time the line might drop but thats all.

Did you experience the same problems with any other service provider,

on a lighter note how do you count 14 times did you have a piece of paper and put a tick on it every time you got disconnected. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

I'd give UTV the thumbs up, never had a single problem with them and been with them since last Septenber or so. As has been said their service is solid, even their billing department is dependable:)

I'd take some of the other guys recommendations on board, it may be a problem with your location/line/hardware etc and nothing to do with UTV at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

"even their billing department is dependable"

What are you talking about? When Eircom implemented number changes last year, we were billed twice for every call. It took numerous phonecalls to UTV and several months for them to rectify the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

just wondering have you installed the proper dialler it gives u an alternative number to dial
    gonk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm in Dublin and while usually I have an ok service, over the last week or so I've been having a few more disconnects than usual. But there was an eircom fault in my area which killed all the phones in the area for a few hours on Friday. Eircom fixed it and since then I haven't had any disconnects.

mattg - what did UTVIP support say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mattg

Hey,

When I was using eircom I had no such problems.

Another things is that after about 10.30pm I can never connect, the line is always busy.

I do use the dialer to dial in.

Things are just getting worse, I can never keep a connection for longer than 20mins or so. Sometimes as I get connected it just disconnects again.

I am going to phone eircom and see what they have to say, It might be a problem on their department.

Cheers,
    MattG

Advertisement