Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite - Europeonline and Eircom/b-dsl

Options
  • 03-06-2004 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

I have been using Europeonline for the past year, however since their
    switch from Astra to Eutelsat I am finding the system is getting slower and
    instead of 40-100K/sec am getting much less than my ISDN speed!

Has anyone had Eircom's new one-way satellite system installed yet?

It would appear that Eircom service is being run by http://www.b-dsl.net,
    so is anyone using any of their services?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

linky not worky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

http://www.b-dsl.net this should be it i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Netbooster,

Your package seems to require that the user connects to the internet via telephone line for the duration of the session, so your service isn't really a 'satellite service' per se and your customers would also have to have a dial-up / broadband account with a fixed-line telco.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nigel,
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but advertising is not permitted on these boards, even in places where it may be of interest to users.

If you wish to puchase advertising space, you can contact ads@boards.ie (I think). You can also purchase a commercial interaction forum, if you would like a more intimate communication medium with potential customer. Email regi@boards.ie if you're interested.

PM me if you would like netbooster added to the sticky thread at the top of this forum, with details of available net access options.

Any further ads (of any kind) will earn you a ban from this board.

I would also advise you to delete all the other threads you started on other boards, lest you be banned from the whole site. The admins take a very dim view of people who abuse free services, such as boards.ie, to advertise their wares.

seamus

Advertisement