Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave messaging

Options
  • 03-06-2004 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

For a long time Nokia kicked every other mobile phones arse , but it looks like they are really struggling to come with good ideas.

Check out this new phone on the way which will have wave messaging.

Basically there is a few leds on the back of the case and when you wave the phone back and forth you get a message , which presumably can only be seen at night and from a very short distance.

Seriously ..... whats the point?

Put your mouse over the "wave messaging" text beside the picture of the phone for an example of this amazing new feature :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

don't think the fone looks too bad, its just one of those stupid features that would be nifty for <10secs like most of those external camera's for the fones....

there will always be gimmic's, at least the fone don't look stupid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

In fairness judging by the rest of the page - and the phone - its clearly aimed at the 8-13 year old bracket. Or stupid women. Not uber-nerds!

Its a gimmick - just like express-on covers or portable chamber-pots with electronic tagging and built in 802.1g wifi connection and a lcd display that gives you a read out of the pottasium content of your ****, which is analysed by the top of the range tectronic faecal phosphate analyzer with built in espresso maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Phone with a cigarette lighter would be desirable or so my smoker friends tell me.

Will wave messenging not cut back on text messenging?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by BrianD
    Phone with a cigarette lighter would be desirable or so my smoker friends tell me.

Will wave messenging not cut back on text messenging?

Yes it will if you like to send one word text messages to people within 10 feet of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Nokia have a "flat" organisation that allows phone designing teams to basically do whatever they want right up to the final whistle - so they've ended up with a massive range of ****e gimmick phones to fill marketing niches that don't exist, and missed out on more popular features customers want like "usable keypads", "cameras" and "phones that don't look like the cat puked on it" (3220).

Got my t630 on tuesday and it's cool. Unless they bring back a working 8810 I'll have no regrets about switching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Could be good in a dark nite club when your at back of crowds fighting to get to bar and put message on phone and wave it at barman,,,"SMITHWICKS" u never know!hehe...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

or portable chamber-pots with electronic tagging and built in 802.1g wifi connection and a lcd display that gives you a read out of the pottasium content of your ****, which is analysed by the top of the range tectronic faecal phosphate analyzer with built in espresso maker.

Darn me wants one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

At least it is a new idea...

better than not having a new idea..

Advertisement