Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth headset and driving

Options
  • 03-06-2004 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it is illegal or not to use a bluetooth headset while driving , I've heard conflicting reports including that because you don't actually touch the phone at any time and it is not connected by wires then it is legal but I've also heard that this will be outlawed by provisions of the Road Traffic Bill 2004. Can anyone point me to the definitive answer before I invest, none of the shops have been much help (suprise) ...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Crap! I've just ordered me a Plantronics bluetooth headset for that very purpose.

I thought that once your hands were free, you were ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭term

The law being introduced ia about careless driving, not specifically mobiles.
    If the bluetooth headset causes you to drive carelessly, then you will be done if stopped.

Advertisement