Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting a Microsoft Publisher project to a web site

Options
  • 03-06-2004 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to help out a local primary school with their website. They've got a newsletter that they publish every now and again and would like to put a copy of it on their website. The problem is the newsletter is written using Microsoft Publisher.
    There is an option in Publisher to "Convert to Web Publication". This looked to be what i was looking for, it created the html pages and an associated folder for what i thought would just be the images for each page. I set it up and viewed it through IIS locally and everything looked fine. It wasnt till i went to ftp it to the school's host that i discovered that the folder for each web page was about 11mb in size!!! They contained a couple of .png and .wmz files that were 3-4mb each.

Is there any other way that i can convert the pages? is there any other software that can import publisher projects and convert them without all the crud?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Acrobat would do it, but you'd need to pay for a licence...

Educational licence of adobe acrobat 6.0 standard is GBP 94.95.

there might be freeware / shareware / cheaper than £100 convert to PDF utilities out there?

EDIT: this might do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

are you sure? the Publisher project file is a .pub not a .pdf...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Acrobat works like a printer driver, so it takes the printable output of the page and makes a PDF file from it. The free one I posted does the same thing, but it shows you an ad after "printing"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Have a look at PDF995. Free with ads*, less than ten dollars without.

* I don't mean ads in the PDF. The ads appear in the application itself.

Advertisement