Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money being wasted by Referendum Commision

Options
  • 03-06-2004 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I got their nice booklet yesterday. I noticed that they sent one to every member of my household. I wouldnt mind but I am the only one that is an Irish Citizen and entitled to vote in the referendum.

Why waste all that money making and sending the booklets to people who cannot vote in the first place. They could easily tell from the register of electors who is entitled to vote and only send it to them.

Your views on this would be most welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

We got one addressed to 'The X Family'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The ones that came here were indivually addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Talk about dumbing it down!!

This is truly PATHETIC!

http://www.thecitizenshipreferendum.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

Well I'm not surprised if the "No" side would consider anything devoid of their hysterical claims to be "pathetic".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

We got one addressed to the family.
    I thought it was based on whether you have the same last name.
    Originally posted by (you guessed it) arcadegame2004:
    Well I'm not surprised if the "No" side would consider anything devoid of their hysterical claims to be "pathetic".
    Our hysterical claims that the constitution is fine the way it is ?

• Advertisement

What I truly find pathetic is your nasty little innuendos about 'free houses' that you have been consistantly told is hogwash and yet you refuse to either show evidence of this or apologise. Even with a 100 euro donation to charity at stake. You are obviously either a coward or an unapologetic bigot, now which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Bond-007
    I got their nice booklet yesterday. I noticed that they sent one to every member of my household. I wouldnt mind but I am the only one that is an Irish Citizen and entitled to vote in the referendum.
    It's an anti-government conspiracy to encourage your non-national housemates to vote against them in the elections

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

We got one addressed to "The X Family" too, along with one each addressed individually.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by MadsL
    Talk about dumbing it down!!

This is truly PATHETIC!

http://www.thecitizenshipreferendum.com/

But necessary given how uninformed and unwilling to inform themselves most voters are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by MadsL
    What I truly find pathetic is your nasty little innuendos about 'free houses' that you have been consistantly told is hogwash and yet you refuse to either show evidence of this or apologise. Even with a 100 euro donation to charity at stake. You are obviously either a coward or an unapologetic bigot, now which is it?

First off what the hell are talking about and what has this got to do with this thread. Secondly if you're talking about people getting free houses, well they do. I know quiet afew people with free/subbed housing. Is this unusual, seems to have been the case in ireland for as long as I remember.

• Advertisement

Boston, it would take to long to explain properly. Arcade here thinks that Asylu-seekers get 'given free houses' he's also mentioned 'free cars'. I've asked him to provide any evidence that this is true, but he is too...how shall we put it...I think they used to say 'lily-livered' in the movies:D to take me up on my challenge, even though I offered 100 euro to his charity. Now I'll pay just to see him apologise, but he won't. :rolleyes:

We are not talking about Social Welfare or Local Authority housing, more 'we've bought you a house, here's the keys' type of thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK Madsl this is the last time I say this. Keep the "free house" discussion to the relevant thread. If I see you comment on it again I will ban you for a week!!!

Advertisement