Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB ordered on 25-5 and line is activated already

• 03-06-2004 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

I just called IOL BB to check my order progress, I ordered BB with the current promotion last Tuesday the 25th of May and to my surprise the girl told me that my line has been already activated "much quicker than she would have expected" and that my modem is on its way and I should get it early next week.

My local exchange is in Navan so Eircom must be on the ball over there setting up the dslams.

Now I know I'm being greedy just wish my modem was arriving today or tomorrow, so I could have BB for the weekend.:D

Will keep you up to date if all goes well, I am hoping so considering the horro stories I have heard about delays and being weeks waiting for BB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I ordered it on the 29-5, so hopefully mine wont take too long either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I've got my modem and am currently online with no problems whatsoever! Hurrah!

Oh, is there any caps or anything like that we have to worry about? Where do I find out when exactly this trial begins and when it ends?

edit: I called IOL, the trial begins from the first time you connect up until 90 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Its an 8gb cap afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Originally posted by L5
    I ordered it on the 29-5, so hopefully mine wont take too long either

Let me know when you get your line activated and when you get the modem in the post as I signed up on the 02-06 so there shouldn't be too much of a delay although i was told it would take 20 working days

Furp:: how long did IOL person tell you it would take when you first ordered it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I ordered it on the 23rd (a Sunday) and was told 10-15 working days.
    Rang them yesterday and it's been activated and the stuff is being sent out today apparently.

Edit: The router etc. arrived at the my house about half an hour ago.

It's all working fine for me.
    Everyone else get that webcam? Mine went AWOL, I'm getting it in the next couple of days apparently.

Originally posted by L5
    Its an 8gb cap afaik

Oops, ate through 1.5 gigs in the first day.

As for all this webcam talk? I heard nothing about it when I ordered the trial and received nothing. Are you obliged to return the webcam at the end of the trial?

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    As for all this webcam talk? I heard nothing about it when I ordered the trial and received nothing. Are you obliged to return the webcam at the end of the trial?
    Apparently if you don't keep the service, you have to return it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

just got my modem today and just set up now, first thing i did was come here I have BB :D

strange though it won't let me ping boards?? it seems fast though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

lol i envy you all!!

Hopefully eircon will replenish my line soon so i can get dsl from an compeditor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I got mine too, and just out of interest, how many k/b per sec ond are you guys getting??

how long to download a song?

ok well i couldnt get into boards all day I thought it was a problem, I ve tried loads of different settings and I cannot ping anywhere, anyone know what to change or if iol have disable it.

apart from that download speeds have been great, example www.bmwfilms.com downloaded a few of these today and had a download spee of about 52 k/b up to 70-80 for brief spurts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    It's all working fine for me.
    Everyone else get that webcam? Mine went AWOL, I'm getting it in the next couple of days apparently.

Was that webcam promotion with IOLBB?

Tox

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Was that webcam promotion with IOLBB?

Tox
    Yep, it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

this is heartening news indeed:)

i'll hopefully be getting my phone line (re)connected next monday, followed by ordering iolbb's 16gb cap package.
    fingers crossed it all works out for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Originally posted by Furp
    ok well i couldnt get into boards all day I thought it was a problem, I ve tried loads of different settings and I cannot ping anywhere, anyone know what to change or if iol have disable it.

go to the settings of your router, if its the zyxel one its 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of an ie window. enter in your user name and password for the router (default; u.n;admin pw;1234) now click security and it has a list of things that arent allowed, pings is the last one, just uncheck it. then ping away! it says in the routers manual that pinging is incompatible with iol, but that makes no sense

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yep, it is.

b*stards never sent me mine... :(

Ok, time give them a call methinks.

By the way, what model of webcam is it?

Tox

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    By the way, what model of webcam is it?
    It's a Creative one I think (don't have it yet), apparently some of the boxes sent out the other day didn't have it included.
    I'm on the IOLBB Plus, not sure if that makes a difference.

It's a Creative one I think (don't have it yet), apparently some of the boxes sent out the other day didn't have it included.
    I'm on the IOLBB Plus, not sure if that makes a difference.

well according to the website you get one for both, so guess Ill have to ring them.

Tox

• Advertisement

griffdaddy:
    go to the settings of your router, if its the zyxel one its 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of an ie window. enter in your user name and password for the router (default; u.n;admin pw;1234) now click security and it has a list of things that arent allowed, pings is the last one, just uncheck it. then ping away

Thanks Griffdaddy I already tried this and lost of other security settings, plus lots of rebooting but still i cannot ping, at the moment it doesn't really bother me as games on both PC and Xbox are still able top calculate the connection ping somehow, but i cannot ping outside of my network from the command promp, usually tells me that the destination host is unreachable.

Also I never recieved a webcam with my modem either!

Originally posted by Furp
    I just called IOL BB to check my order progress, I ordered BB with the current promotion last Tuesday the 25th of May and to my surprise the girl told me that my line has been already activated "much quicker than she would have expected" and that my modem is on its way and I should get it early next week.

As i said before i ordered last wednesday (02-06-04), and in doing so also sent an email to IOL sales asking different questions i had for them. Tuesday (07-06-04) i sent another email asking how long it would take to be activated, a girl replyed the next day (08-06-04) saying if i left my the number i would be using then she would let me know how long it would take. I checked my inbox today (09-06-04) and to my suprise (but total delight) she said the line was activated already and my modem was to be sent out by courier...

This was big shock for me as i was told it would take at least 20 working days before i'd be set up but theres only 1 week gone and of that there was only 4 working days!!!

Edit::
    Modem, webcam and norton internet security 2004 came this morning and after a quick set up all is going well and i'm surfing here using iolbb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

I admit i am not the most patient of people in this world but when i hear of peopl on the board getting activated on IOL BB so promptly....it really makes me jealous.

I ordered my IOL BB on the phone nearly two weeks ago (28-May).
    I rang IOL last week (4-June) to check status and they said that they were waiting on EIRCOM.
    I rang again today (10-June), to just check up once more. Girl on the phone asked me when i ordered it and i said 28-May and she said that my application will be processed tomorrow as it takes the two weeks to process.
    Am i just being too impatient or are they just fobbing me off?

I wasn't expecting to be set up till at least the end of next week (as that would have been about 15 days) or in my worst case would have been end of then month (the 20 working days), so i was fairly suprised to be all set up after just 4 working days!

bmurphy8177 i suggest emailing them as i found their email support to be very helpful (they always replyed the next day) and just ask them how long activation will take give them the number you will be using for broadband as well.

Advertisement