Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bentley signs for Norwich ( Loan )

• 03-06-2004 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

19 year old Arsenal midfielder David Bentley has signed for Norwich on a season long loan .

Arsenal Wenger says it will be a great opportunity for David to get experience .

Bentley is tipped by many to be the next Dennis Bergkamp .

what do yee Arsenal fans think ? . I think its a good signing for Norwich and its good for Bentley to get some first team and Premiership experience .

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No surprise here really. I reckon it's an absolute necessity for him to get a proper run out in the premiership; he's a bit down in the pecking order at Arsenal and Wenger only tends to field youngsters when his first choices are injured, limiting his chances to make an impression.

He'll be a useful signing for Norwich although I wonder if they will play him much, I'm not sure newly promoted teams have that much use for a number 10. He is very talented from what i've seen though, extremely composed on the ball, great technique, full of creativity and oozing confidence. I'm not sure if he'll have any future at Arsenal however, as it looks like he'll be in competition with Reyes, Aliadiere and Van Persie for the forseable future, or Pennant/Ljungberg on the right of midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Good loan move for all concerned! Norwich will need more player if they want to stay in PL......Bentley abit young to inspire them to stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I see rick Edwards could be heading that way too and Crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Edwards isnt coming to Norwich and I told you before about us wanting Crouch that he might sign for us. Bentley has been a good signing for us and can play on the left/right wing and behind the front 2. We don't need to improve in many areas to survive in the premiership but since you (neilbrady) know nothing about our squad I won't say anything.

there is more talk about Di Canio coming to Carrow Road but whether I would like him to come is open to debate, his class and experience could come in handy for the youngsters. Worthington is talking about signing 5 or 6 more players, hopefully some on Bosman's so he can still have money at his disposal if we need any more players amid an injury crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kensutz - There's no need to slam Neil's opinion as nothing in his post suggests he doesn't know anything about Norwich. You will need more players to survive as does every team promoted to the premiership.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kensutz
    Edwards isnt coming to Norwich and I told you before about us wanting Crouch that he might sign for us.

Oh I think Edwards could be heading that way, we'l just have to wait and see.

As for Crouch ye offered £400,000 lol, you'l have to multiply that by at least 4 before you have any hope of signing him.

I don't think he is heading our way. Worthington said today that we were linked with Edwards and Maclean but there's no truth in the rumours. You wasted £5million on Crouch and you're not gonna get anywhere near that for him, he has 2 years left on his contract and also Allback is going for £2 million so would I prefer to pay £1.6million for Crouch or £2 million for Allback??? You decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Will need a fee within the region of 1 million to get Crouch!!

I don't think he is heading our way. Worthington said today that we were linked with Edwards and Maclean but there's no truth in the rumours. You wasted £5million on Crouch and you're not gonna get anywhere near that for him, he has 2 years left on his contract and also Allback is going for £2 million so would I prefer to pay £1.6million for Crouch or £2 million for Allback??? You decide

He was never worth 5 million only the turnip Taylor thought that coz he loves anyone over 6 4". I dont think Allback will go although I'd gladly take 2 million for him and I think Crouch isn't worth more than 2 million so 1.6 wouldn't be that for him.

I'd don't have a problem losing those two strikers, IMO the two Moores are better and we could buy another decent player with the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can change your sig now. I'll let you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I'm interested to see how he'll do. Heard a lot about him but have seen very little of him. Playing at Norwich will give a glimpse of what hes really like. My granny could probably play in that Arsenal team and look good

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    You can change your sig now. I'll let you.

why should i want to change my sig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

well it should be when we won the title this is what we sang ,
    not when we win the title this is what we'll sing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

What BigEars said, plus they're the actual Divison 1 Champions now.

Originally posted by irish1
    He was never worth 5 million only the turnip Taylor thought that coz he loves anyone over 6 4". I dont think Allback will go although I'd gladly take 2 million for him and I think Crouch isn't worth more than 2 million so 1.6 wouldn't be that for him.

I'd don't have a problem losing those two strikers, IMO the two Moores are better and we could buy another decent player with the money.

Well we got 2 million but he decided to go to a real Premiership club in the form of Southampton.:D

Full story http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,855720,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Crouch is a good signing for southampton, i think they will pair him with philips (like sunderland did with quinn)

that could be a great partnership. IMO

Advertisement