Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level Chemistry

Options
  • 03-06-2004 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

What to know for this exam this month...Im personally limited in knowledge and need some definate stuff to know for this exam..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Water and LeChatelier are the likely ones this year and the obvious wet/organic experiments. You're in trouble if you don't know your stuff at this stage. You can't really rely on anything since the questions are usually different section a, b and c parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

Good thread. I wouldnt say that. he could get a lot done between now and the test (if ya have a general idea of how things go)

Whats the volumetric likley one this year? bleach is it?

PS any one doing the Haber process and got any good notes?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

what you wanna know bout the haber process??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Stalin

Thanks for the vote of confidence,id like to think i have time which i do ...I have a week from history to do alot and i know ill be drained after all the exmams so everyone says but that wont deter me.

I have quite an understanding of chemistry which has got me by in the past ive never actually learnt anything in detail.

Whats with this bleach titration,my teacher says it will probably come up ...How does everyone know....Even you mentioned it above

I dunno our teacher was meaning to give us the notes but never did till about 3 days before we left (covered water,atmospheric and haber in lass 2-3weeks, she is usually a great teacher and on time but she was sick for like a month before hand)

Anyway I need the study on one. Like where it is and why I know all the

Its needs Iron catalyst
    200 atmospheric pressure
    500C

I need all the specific location study part

• Advertisement

Well the iron and clove etc.... ones ave come up before so its a guess but you would be an idiot not to look hard at bleach. However it is also arguable that your an idiot if you dont do them all ;)

Only messin its just a prediction. Ye I have 6 days off then I have physics and the next day its chemistry, I have never gotten lower then 55% in chem and I dont know anything "well" but have a general idea of how everythin works.

Except that damb lechatelliers law bollocks, Add acid on right, system moves left, counter acting..........AH SHUT UP!!

Sorry ment to edit my above post but im on a few forums so my bad! :(

I smell what your cooking,its exactly the same with me...That lechat poop is killin me ...which way will the equib swing if i kick it up the arse..

I know bleach already and im not covering anything like the clove and iron **** because it came up so there 100% not going to appear on sectionA

BEWARE they can easily come up on the other section!!

Man how many times iv just wanted to give it a good ol root and see which way it swung alright!!

What else.... Oh ye do we actually have to remember all the fuels and thier carbon chain lengths?!

OH OH chemistry joke(although ya may have heard it!)

What happend to the polar bear when he fell in the water................?

Ill give ya a few guesses but either

1.ya already know it
    2. ya will guess it

ill answer after the next 3 posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by Whywontitwrok
    What happend to the polar bear when he fell in the water................?

Did he dissolve? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Lol yep that he did :D

• Advertisement

Whats the explantion for polar **** again?

Your only expected to know up to Butane[four carbons] but there easy anyway..

Another common joke----A neutron walked in to a bar and asked for a drink and then said"How much"...The bartender replied "for you my friend; no charge"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Originally posted by Stalin
    Whats the explantion for polar **** again?

Your only expected to know up to Butane[four carbons] but there easy anyway..

Another common joke----A neutron walked in to a bar and asked for a drink and then said"How much"...The bartender replied "for you my friend; no charge"

Funny man Mr Stalin!!!!!

Will you be laughing next August Mr. Stalin!!!!!!!

I think Not:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Two Hydrogen atoms walk into a bar
    The first hydrogen atom says to the other "I've just lost an electron"
    To which the 2nd hydogen atom retorts "are you sure?"
    first hydrogen atom "Im positive"

Just learn organic, bleach experiement, know all definitions.Depends what grade your looking for?There is no definates :/

16% of last year leaving cert chemistry candidates got an A1.I like those odds.

Advertisement