Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beautiful Losers Debut Single

Options
  • 03-06-2004 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello there, Our debut single "Witches Float" will be released on Friday June 18th in selected stores nationwide, more on that later but for the moment the dublin release night will take place in The Village of Wexford Street on Saturday June 19th, admission is 8/7 euro and doors are at 7:30pm, The line up is as follows;

The Beautiful Losers

Polar

Padraig Dingan (of Wallmark)

thanks for reading, tom, www.beautifullosers.info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 OctaviaDies

Cant wait for this one. Definately one of the best irish bands in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

Ill be there - aside from the fact im playing, ill be there for the cool music!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Good luck with it. I'll Defiantly pick a few copies. Fair play to all the bands doing independent releases at the moment. It’s great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 *lil*angel*

good luck with that!
    you are realy good!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

cheers for the kind words, look out for the big posters hitting the streets next week. As for doing it all ourselves well without gigsmart (www.gigsmartireland.com) and alphamalerecords (www.alphamalerecordings.com) twould nay be possible. Here's what the cd will look like:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Well I'll be there and shall do so with some fellow oddities from the real-not-boards.ie-world!! Huzzah! :cool:

In the run up to this, ANYBODY who wants a free copy of our ep "last dance of the pagans" simply go to the website (www.beautifullosers.info) and join the mailing list for no more than one or two mails a month and we'll post it out for free.

CDbig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 *lil*angel*

so kind!!
    but i wont be a cheep skate, ill buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ricky

yochecktitout-i'll be there with geefonez and his mates so you'd be mad to miss this. be sure to check out polar and Padraig Dingan too as i'm sure you already know they are fookin deadly- at last they've stooped to support the likes of us.
    anyway be sure to buzz over.
    seeya,
    me and geefonez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Is it true the big deal is pending???

• Advertisement

well if it is you know more than me!

Though we are touring with MK11, a few dates on our tour our different, here they are:

Friday June 18th: Phily Grimes (Acoustic show) Waterford.

Saturday June 19th: The Village, Dublin.

Sunday June 20th: Coda Club, Kilkenny.

Monday June 21st: Trades Club, Sligo.

Tuesday June 22: The High Stool,Limerick (TBC).

Wednesday June 23rd: McPhailes, Drogehda.

Thusday June 24th: The Quad (Cork).

cheers for saying you'll buy the ep there, the only place you'll find it however, is road records! i think they've some left...

Anois! The list of shops the single shall be in:

Hmv: Grafton Street, Henry Street, Tallaght, Blanchestown, Swords, Cork and Limerick.

Bpm: Waterford

Rainbow Records: Carlow

Trax: Portlaoise.

Heartbeat City: Kilkenny.

The Music Room: Sligo.

The Sound Shop: Drogheda.

Availible in all of the above for 2.99, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ricky

yocheckthis-i don't think tom mentioned it but the single's only bleedin' 3 euro . y'eh so buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the lads heard the single and only good reports... shall be pickin mine up on firday, looking forward to this gig should be really cool!!!

Will be buying tommorow!!!!

I am the source of the good reports, heard a sneak preview on sat last.

Its a beast!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Impressive indeed, I'll be there.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

See ye there lads - this gig is gonna ROCK! Where's the after show party? These dudes have so many hot groupies!!!

Cheers everybody, single is in the shops as I type for 2.99, a euro a song! We're doing a radio slot with Edel Dooley on Beat 102-103 fm today which will be aired tomorrow night for anyone who's interested. The single was on Today fm, 2fm and Fm104 last night so if people wanna hear it to see if its worth the euro listen in or send some requests, cheers for the support, tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭El Chico

Wow.

Best gig I've been at this year.

Nice one lads, had a ball. :D
    xm

• Advertisement

Had a grrrrreat night.

Fun was had by all and you guys played a stormer!!!

Go deas!!

Yeah it was a fantastic night and a fantastic party afterwards. How were the cops not called? Are there no police around at all these days? I walked all the way from the lads house to whelans and back absolutely pissed and wasted, swigging out of an open bottle of wine and not even so much as a big country hand on the shoulder.

There wasn't even any scangers trying to rob my wine or beat me up or anything. It just doesn't feel like the real Dublin anymore

and it was nice to finally put a face to a lot of you internet people.

Especially Lucy. She's hot. ;)

We ended up walking from the house to Ballsbridge, no problems with skangers either....but wait....there was fuc*in' posh Foxrock bas*ards who caused a bit of a fuss 'cos we wouldn't go to their 'party'. It turned into a "but my house is worth this much" thing to try and convince us. Sweet Jesus.... :rolleyes:
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by memaeve
    We ended up walking from the house to Ballsbridge, no problems with skangers either....but wait....there was fuc*in' posh Foxrock bas*ards who caused a bit of a fuss 'cos we wouldn't go to their 'party'. It turned into a "but my house is worth this much" thing to try and convince us. Sweet Jesus.... :rolleyes:
    xm
    Hahaha I can't remember that but I wish I did!!

Thanks to whoever's house it was I was in (I still don't know where I was tbh). I hope it didn't get too wrecked. I nearly killed myself on your stairs.

steep stairs+high heels+an excessive amount of alcohol+god only knows what else=bad news

I think I left about 10 cans in your fridge. That can go towards making amends for any damage that was done!

Em...thanks El Chico...I wish knew who you all are! The only people I'll recognise again are the people I knew from before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by T.B.L.
    Anois! The list of shops the single shall be in:

Hmv: Grafton Street, Henry Street, Tallaght, Blanchestown, Swords, Cork and Limerick.

Bpm: Waterford

Rainbow Records: Carlow

Trax: Portlaoise.

Heartbeat City: Kilkenny.

The Music Room: Sligo.

The Sound Shop: Drogheda.

Availible in all of the above for 2.99, thanks.

nowhere in galway??

dam.

Our big promotional posters have hit the streets, any updates to where they put them would be cool. Hmv cork have not got the single yet but will have it tomorrow most likely. Hmv grafton and henry street and road records are stocked up in dublin, the record store in sligo have a good few also and trax in portlaoise. cheers for the support

Lucy, you were in the beautiful losers house. I don't know why you don't know that, seeing as you went to see them play and then followed them home!

I was only talking to you briefly, but I think I was talking to maeve for quite a while. But I really could have been doing anything. I was really ****ed up.

Everyone Buy the single

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Yeah I knew it was something connected to The Beautiful Losers, I just didn't know who exactly owned the house and where exactly it was. I don't know them you see-I went to see Polar primarily and they told us about the party (so no, I wasn't some total randomer who wandered in off the street not knowing anyone!). I'm glad I finally got to see the Losers! I'll try and catch them again when I'm less drunk though.

Advertisement